High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Chinese Professional Chainsaw from eBay, review

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
3:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
How do the Chinese get away with building and selling non stratocharged chainsaws?

That's a very good question, but they aren't the only ones that get away with it. A low power output to cc ratio may have something to do with it, but anyway it is odd that a 25:1 recommended mix ratio is allowed by the EPA?

Another possibility is of course that the importation is slipping past EPA control.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
9:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a very good question, but they aren't the only ones that get away with it. A low power output to cc ratio may have something to do with it, but anyway it is odd that a 25:1 recommended mix ratio is allowed by the EPA?

Another possibility is of course that the importation is slipping past EPA control.
Very likely that's the case

MasterMech

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Oh, yeah. If it's rim - gotta be PRO. Just like POULAN PRO is PRO cuz saw sez it! They can't lie about things like that.

Is it a standard bar mount? K095? D176? K041?
K095 mount, rim sprocket (std small), vert split crankcase with removable cylinder.

This must be the most professional saw ever!

Landmark

Chainsaw Hack
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All i know is that if this thing makes it to the chainsaw trading post for sell there will be alot of people interested. :)

Last edited:

dougand3

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
K095 mount, rim sprocket (std small), vert split crankcase with removable cylinder.

This must be the most professional saw ever!

I'm kinda liking what you're saying. But the plastic...looks like a newer Homelite that makes me wanna hurl. Can almost see thru the plastic. I see these 52cc saws on ebay auction and the winning bid is usually $89 shipped from NJ.

dougand3

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rit could help the see thru but still be dayum flimsy. If they just used plastic of 1990s Poulans or Homelites...it is sturdy enough.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
On the topic of how they get past EPA, I wonder if there is a certain number for market share, or even sheer numbers produced and sold here that places a brand under EPA regulation for emissions. And if so, maybe staying under that certain number keeps them exempt???

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe they just cheat and hope that they don't get caught?

Philbert
I would bet on this. There are so many products coming in to each of our with fake or duplicated safety certifications, wouldn't surprise me if some of these even had an EPA registration number on them. Wouldn't be legit but very very few containers coming in from China get closely examined.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, yeah. If it's rim - gotta be PRO. Just like POULAN PRO is PRO cuz saw sez it! They can't lie about things like that.

Is it a standard bar mount? K095? D176? K041?
Not sure which bar mount it is. The bar they sent with the saw fits it. I'm not sure I envision this unit wearing out the bar. lol.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Additional observation. I left the saw in the back of the truck and when I went to remove it this morning to make room for things I needed, it had a big puddle of bar oil under it. Granted I have saws of all brands that pee oil so I won't condemn it for that, just thought I'd throw that out there. I really want to make some chips with this thing but my schedule is going to be crazy most of this week.

MasterMech

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Additional observation. I left the saw in the back of the truck and when I went to remove it this morning to make room for things I needed, it had a big puddle of bar oil under it. Granted I have saws of all brands that pee oil so I won't condemn it for that, just thought I'd throw that out there. I really want to make some chips with this thing but my schedule is going to be crazy most of this week.
I leave mine on a shelf above my Stihls that refuse to oil so it all works out.:applaudit:

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm kinda liking what you're saying. But the plastic...looks like a newer Homelite that makes me wanna hurl. Can almost see thru the plastic. I see these 52cc saws on ebay auction and the winning bid is usually $89 shipped from NJ.

The plastic looks horrible!

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
On the topic of how they get past EPA, I wonder if there is a certain number for market share, or even sheer numbers produced and sold here that places a brand under EPA regulation for emissions. And if so, maybe staying under that certain number keeps them exempt???

If so, the EPA rules need to be adjusted so they don't get away with selling the same saws under "a zillion" brand names with different importers.