Chinese Professional Chainsaw from eBay, review

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Them be expensive. Dozen pair for like $3 at the flea market.

Reactions: DSS

MasterMech

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have one of these in 52cc trim. Yeah, it feels cheap. Because it effin was! Less than $100 to my door. To date I have mounted the bar and chain, fueled and oiled it, it fired up in 5-6 yanks. It cut wood but it was PIG rich (on 40:1 mix) and the semi-chisel .325" was about as sharp as a bowling pin. Swapped the chain for some Stihl RS and turned the carb screws until it screamed proper. It's stupid fun to run for a few cookies because it runs like a grasshopper in the chicken coop. But the AV is awful so I hardly ever run it since I have other choices.

It really does have a surprising amount of snot for an outta the box 52cc saw. No muff mod, nothing. Just a dual port on mine tho, not that tri-port beauty. If the AV was (much) better, I'd prefer it to an 025/MS250.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

dougand3

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have one of these in 52cc trim.
Is it spur or rim sprocket? Is impulse a hose to carb top or hole in carb intake side? I bought a carb for one of these...it said 45, 52 or 58cc chinese saw. It was $7 and I thought I might need it one day. LOL.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
the chinese chain on these saws suck as bad as the av ran a blue max from home depot rather had a poulan wildthing from walmart
i swear i could have broke it in half in my hands.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
found a chinese husqvarna looks like a 365 the chain is crap.

MasterMech

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is it spur or rim sprocket? Is impulse a hose to carb top or hole in carb intake side? I bought a carb for one of these...it said 45, 52 or 58cc chinese saw. It was $7 and I thought I might need it one day. LOL.
Rim sprocket, impulse line to the carb.

This means it's a pro saw right? :campeon:

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That intake setup looks suspiciously like an Echo to me.

Joe

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have one of these in 52cc trim. Yeah, it feels cheap. Because it effin was! Less than $100 to my door. To date I have mounted the bar and chain, fueled and oiled it, it fired up in 5-6 yanks. It cut wood but it was PIG rich (on 40:1 mix) and the semi-chisel .325" was about as sharp as a bowling pin. Swapped the chain for some Stihl RS and turned the carb screws until it screamed proper. It's stupid fun to run for a few cookies because it runs like a grasshopper in the chicken coop. But the AV is awful so I hardly ever run it since I have other choices.

It really does have a surprising amount of snot for an outta the box 52cc saw. No muff mod, nothing. Just a dual port on mine tho, not that tri-port beauty. If the AV was (much) better, I'd prefer it to an 025/MS250.

That was a lot of similies

MasterMech

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
How do the Chinese get away with building and selling non stratocharged chainsaws?
Good question. These are traditional two-smokes all the way. Sometimes they slap a catalytic muffler on them but not in this case.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
How do the Chinese get away with building and selling non stratocharged chainsaws?

Per the Economy Pounding Agency each company gets to sell a certain number of baby seal killing units. That's why you see these same saws under so many different company names.

dougand3

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rim sprocket, impulse line to the carb.

This means it's a pro saw right? :campeon:

Oh, yeah. If it's rim - gotta be PRO. Just like POULAN PRO is PRO cuz saw sez it! They can't lie about things like that.

Is it a standard bar mount? K095? D176? K041?

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
6:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I've got a Chinese clone of an open port Husky 365. I used a ported AM 77cc jug and modded the carb and muffler. It impresses everyone that tries it. So far so good, it has been cutting wood for around 4-5 years and it has never let me down in the field. The tank vent was crap and I had to mod it, one of the clutch springs broke, the wrist pin bearing was junk and the coil eventually failed, but it still is a workhorse for bucking logs. It's done a heap of work.

A comparable saw in Oz would be over A$2000, the base price was A$230 plus the work I put into it (say A$500 for a strong 77cc saw, spikes, bar and chains). I wouldn't recommend a new saw owner ever get one, but for someone that knows how to set up a saw, it was good value for money. If I ever blow up this thing, I'll just get another one and re-work it. I could do it several times over and still be ahead.

If I was a professional wood cutter and carrying my tool of the trade out in the bush, no way would I use a saw like this - but I'm a firewood hack that pulls the saw out of the truck to cut wood. I'll be using it again tomorrow to cut up a BIG log that should provide me enough firewood for the winter.

I suspect there is a big difference between Chinese copies of Husky and Stihl saws, and saws like the one this thread is about.

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
6:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score

View attachment 23003 View attachment 23004 View attachment 23005 View attachment 23006

As I recall it, the power spec for that one is said to be 2.7 hp, in the ads where the spec is listed.

If the AV is worse than for a MS250 it is really bad, as that one is a vibe monster for its size!