Chinese Professional Chainsaw from eBay, review

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just read through the entire manual. Lots of comedy in there. Not sure why they don't have an American edit their technical documents...
Anyway, none of the pics in the manual look anything like the saw I received. In the specs it lists the cc as 52 or 60cc. however there aren't two sets of specs, just one. Confused.
For oil mix 20:1 for the first 25 hours and then 25:1.

Crzybowhntr

Apprentice Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank God they put the do not place hand on exhaust emblem on it.
There's a clear warning on page 7 of the manual that says: "The metallic parts reach high temperatures immediately after stopping the enging. sic.
So I guess if you put your hand on the muffler while it's running, it'll be ok.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another thing I noticed once completing the assembly. The wrap handle is close enough to the starter that my fingers are squeezed between the handle and the starter cover when holding the saw in the felling position. (left side up). I do not have large hands and there's no way this would work with gloves. I tried the type of leather palm work gloves I typically wear and can't begin to get my fingers around the wrap handle (left side up) and even in the normal bucking position, they have to be jammed into position.

This saw is going to require either bare handed use or girl size hands. The pair of thin cloth type gloves supplied with the saw do require less space but I don't use that type of glove.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another thing I noticed once completing the assembly. The wrap handle is close enough to the starter that my fingers are squeezed between the handle and the starter cover when holding the saw in the felling position. (left side up). I do not have large hands and there's no way this would work with gloves. I tried the type of leather palm work gloves I typically wear and can't begin to get my fingers around the wrap handle (left side up) and even in the normal bucking position, they have to be jammed into position.

This saw is going to require either bare handed use or girl size hands. The pair of thin cloth type gloves supplied with the saw do require less space but I don't use that type of glove.
Chinese have girl sized hands cept like yau Ming

Kevin White

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Maybe i missed it, but what was the cost of the saw? You can tell from the pictures its the cheapo plastic. Looks like a toy.

Danders

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I get a kick out of them including gaskets with a new saw; what were their marketing folks thinking on that. Did anyone else notice their version of air injection looks a lot like a funnel?

It will be interesting to see how it runs. I checked one like this out on the bay and the closeup of the bar shows the chain on backwards. China is kind of a big place, you'd think someone there would know which direction the chain rotates. Give 'em an E for effort anyway.