Chinese chainsaws on my work bench

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still have to fix the high idle, so if anyone have any sugestion i am all ears!

I think an OEM control lever may fix the problem, but Huztl came up with a different fix. If you look at the carb in the Blue saw you will see it.

They added a metal piece to the carb that locks the throttle when the choke comes on, and releases when you blip the throttle. Don't know if these carbs are sold separately? IMO, it is a very smart fix!

Attachments

• IMG_20181219_111524418.jpg
    IMG_20181219_111524418.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20181219_111424280.jpg
    IMG_20181219_111424280.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 39

Solo Rex

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I think an OEM control lever may fix the problem, but Huztl came up with a different fix. If you look at the carb in the Blue saw you will see it.

They added a metal piece to the carb that locks the throttle when the choke comes on, and releases when you blip the throttle. Don't know if these carbs are sold separately? IMO, it is a very smart fix!
Yes, it is! Have to check my blue one, high idle works on that one. Should not be to hard to copy.

I'm really curious how the Blue saw will do against the Cross in wood!
So am i! I dont have any wood for another month or so, but will ask around to see if someone have, and need some "help".
I aint gonna tell them they have to burn cookies all winter! :)

thesawincanada

For the love of saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hi to everyone on here. The first ms 660 from huztl I built couldn’t Get idle to come down as many had the same issue after some investigation I bent one of the bends on the rod a little more. Problem was gone. Plus an oem throttle and selector shaft for your high idle

thesawincanada

For the love of saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Won’t solve it because with choke off and in normal run position throttle plate stays open. Even with idle screw all the way out. It’s the little bend inside handle so you have to remove upper cover to access metal throttle rod. It’s the first bend after the end that goes into the trigger. Hope this helps it’s been a big bone of contention with many members.

thesawincanada

For the love of saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Last ms 660 I built had the new type carb, having the little leaver on the choke to hold throttle plate open. Noticed this on the huztl 372 kit saws that I built earlier and thought what a neet idea. Unfortunately I have 2 more ms 660 without this new carb. I even ordered a spare carb and you guess it was the one without the new choke leaver oh well. You can start saw and have a high idle by putting saw on the ground and putting your foot into throttle while pulling cord over

Solo Rex

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hi to everyone on here. The first ms 660 from huztl I built couldn’t Get idle to come down as many had the same issue after some investigation I bent one of the bends on the rod a little more. Problem was gone. Plus an oem throttle and selector shaft for your high idle

I have not had any problems with idle, but good to know!
Tried a oem selector shaft, and high idle worked perfect! Like ten times, then no more...

Solo Rex

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not much done here with saws, but toilet is finished!

One day after x-mas the wife was away, so i borrowed the kitchen for crank and case assembly. For some strange reason she dont like chainsaw parts there...:)
440, 460 and the FT 361 went together.
Had bought oem bearings for the Stihl 361, but wrong size. Was shure i had a 55 case gasket, but could not find it, so those have to wait.

IMG_20181226_170412.jpg
I must say the 460 tank/handle is top notch, much much nicer than both the 660 and the 440. It is also quite a bit more expensive. Control lever feels realy good, and high idle works perfect, at least w/o the carb...

Today i took the cross 660 apart and changed the piston pin bearing to oem, grinded flywheel to crank and made a ignition timing advance. (The bb will have the same treatment)
Started easy and felt a little snappier, when suddenly something happened on the starter side:
IMG_20181231_143628.jpg
So one step forward, and two steps back.
Will look into it, but not today! :)

Wish you all a Happy New Year!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Too bad your casting is broken! I always keeps some spare parts for the guts from HL Supply, their kits are very reasonably priced, and always good to have on hand. One of my Asian 440s ate the guts yesterday (don't know why, maybe the cord poked through?), and two weeks ago a Tree Guy brought in an OEM 044 with the same problem.