Chinese 200t and old truck motors discussion

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Figured I'd chime in with a "commercial" for our sponsor...HL Supply...
I saw that they had a sale on 200t handles last week so I knew I had enough guts (linkage parts) to put one together and hit the buy button hoping the $25 wouldn't be a waste.
If you have all the internals and have a busted handle then it works. Everything swapped over flawlessly. Took about 40 minutes as it was late and I was tired. Then only thing missing is the position indications that tell you "choke-fast idle-run-off".
As steve said...
Some plastics work..
What about the side handle which one are you using?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My saw flew once. Bought a caddy of a breakaway set up.

I looked over these T parts. Not much love for the case and crank. Still considering buying an HLS short block this summer. Dress it OEM a see if it hangs.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back to the 020/200t .I've said it before and will reiterate .Most of them died on the vine because of bad seals caused by bad main bearings .They are roller bearings not ball bearings .While they do have less parasitic loses than balls they only provide a small amount of thrust,side slop protection .It's about 60 bucks OEM to replace the whole shootin match .Ya gotta do it if you want to save them . They are too good of little saws to let them bight the dust for 60 bucks .It's about a two hour job .