High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Chinese 200t and old truck motors discussion

Mac&Homelite

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
241 is a much better saw for occasional use over the 200t, but isn't the 261c a bit cheaper over the 241 even? Been a while since I looked at prices.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is a hugely disturbing number of people who think a top handle is ideal for this....

Top handles scare me. I have one, but my little 346 echo is WAY better for trimming around the yard. I can't imagine what a kickback would be like with a top handle and an inexperienced user...

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My pruning and minor cutting saw is an old Remington Mighty Mite. Dull chain, bar oiler doesn't work. It doesn't care, chews through the wood and gets the small jobs done just fine. Got it for free, all I had to do was clean the points and reset them.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My pruning and minor cutting saw is an old Remington Mighty Mite. Dull chain, bar oiler doesn't work. It doesn't care, chews through the wood and gets the small jobs done just fine. Got it for free, all I had to do was clean the points and reset them.
Dont take much to make you happy does it?

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dont take much to make you happy does it?

Oh, you've got a problem with me? Do I need to call the Waabulance?

I sense you're getting stupid ideas. Take them, put them on a comment card, and take that comment card and shove it up your area where the sun don't shine.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, you've got a problem with me? Do I need to call the Waabulance?

I sense you're getting stupid ideas. Take them, put them on a comment card, and take that comment card and shove it up your area where the sun don't shine.
WTF is wrong with what I said? You should ask before you go off. Did I say I had a problem with it? To quick on the trigger if you ask me! Your sense of what I am thinking is broken ! All I said was it don't take much to make you happy, now I will add it dont take much to piss you off even though there was nothing wrong with what I said.

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
WTF is wrong with what I said? You should ask before you go off. Did I say I had a problem with it? To quick on the trigger if you ask me! Your sense of what I am thinking is broken ! All I said was it don't take much to make you happy, now I will add it dont take much to piss you off even though there was nothing wrong with what I said.

Sorry. My apologies. I am a bit of a broken person. I haven't had genuine good feelings of anything and any kind for years. Now I feel bad.

It's just that sometimes I take you as a bit of a gruff sharpshooter. And maybe a little grumpy at times from what I've read. Hard to tell exactly how the context and stuff is with text.

Seriously, my apologies.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry. My apologies. I am a bit of a broken person. I haven't had genuine good feelings of anything and any kind for years. Now I feel bad.

It's just that sometimes I take you as a bit of a gruff sharpshooter. And maybe a little grumpy at times from what I've read. Hard to tell exactly how the context and stuff is with text.

Seriously, my apologies.
Ain't your fault its because Jackasses have to much negative crap to say and you thought that was what this was from past experience. I feel the same way about my 20 year old Chevy truck that i have to keep repairing cause i like it so much.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Seriously, my apologies.
It's ok sleeper...for those of us lucky to know Steve personally we find him to be kind, gentle, warm and outright fuzzy.
He prefers long walks on the beach and rescuing lost puppies...
Just don't piss him off....

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ain't your fault its because Jackasses have to much negative crap to say and you thought that was what this was from past experience. I feel the same way about my 20 year old Chevy truck that i have to keep repairing cause i like it so much.

You're not the only one driving a 20 year old Chevy truck. I got a hand me down from my mom, a 1997 Suburban C1500. 259,000 miles. Doesn't like it when it's humid or raining out. Tends to run rough and occasionally not start. However, nearly all the other times, it is dead reliable, knock on wood. It got in a minor accident this summer and two doors are crumpled... what are we doing with it? Fixing it even if it is totalled. Too good of a truck.

Bought by my grandpa. He special ordered it without a roof rack, so it came with a work truck grille and sealed beam headlights. Bench seat in the front too.
He even happened to have bought it when they had forged pistons... (350/5.7 Vortec) and he was a candidate for a free engine replacement since people got all pissed about the knock when cold... he skipped that and left it alone.

Yes, she knocks and burns a tiny bit of oil when it's cold out, but shuts right up once the temp gets around 100. About 10 minutes at idle will warm it up to be quiet. About 3-5 minutes of driving and she quiets down.

Then mom and dad bought it from him with about 60,000 miles.

Most expensive repairs to date, was transmission rebuild at somewhere around 165,000 miles, then air conditioning at about 180,000 miles, and then now it's going to be the doors. Hoping the engine goes for a while more, so I can save some money up and build one for it. Still debating on whether it will be a built small block or a big block. I love torque. It gets 18 mpg right now, so I figure a built small block will be around 10-14, and big block might be 6-10. Maybe more if I decide to go with a school bus/rv cam.

These old trucks are so good, that we bought my mom a 1999 K1500 Burb for her, to replace the 1997 that I drive now. 75,000 miles on it. Yes, paid a premium but I think it was worth every penny. Spoils you since it has heated seats, rear air/heat, etc. that the 1997 didn't have. Plus, with a set of Nokian winter tires and 4x4, that thing will go anywhere.

I am considering making my summer money when I take vacation from work to be hotshot loads with the 16 foot tandem and the 1997 Burb. Figure a big block would help if I ever have to go over mountains.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking maybe 4 cylinder Isuzu diesel from a cab over. They are pretty stout little engines with great fuel economy.

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking maybe 4 cylinder Isuzu diesel from a cab over. They are pretty stout little engines with great fuel economy.

If I go diesel, it will be either a Cummins, Cat, or Ford/International. Maybe an old Detroit 2 stroke with a few mods.

But I do like a gasser, much much cheaper to maintain, (oil is cheaper) and usually cheaper to build. I know a diesel would get modified by me before getting put in, and that adds up fast with turbos, injectors, etc.

The new Isuzu's aren't any good. Older ones are though. Not sure if I'll get enough power from one though.

I am looking for at least 380 hp, and 500 ft lbs of torque. I know a big block will get me north of 450 hp with oval port Edelbrock heads, and tons of torque.

I would love an old Detroit 2 stroke three or four cylinder. Problem is parts...

I would lean towards a 12 valve Cummins. Dead battery, don't matter, just don't shut it off until you get a new one or have a charger/jump pack on hand.

Sorry for the derail guys... I'm sure there is more to talk about with chi com 200t's.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You're not the only one driving a 20 year old Chevy truck. I got a hand me down from my mom, a 1997 Suburban C1500. 259,000 miles. Doesn't like it when it's humid or raining out. Tends to run rough and occasionally not start. However, nearly all the other times, it is dead reliable, knock on wood. It got in a minor accident this summer and two doors are crumpled... what are we doing with it? Fixing it even if it is totalled. Too good of a truck.

Bought by my grandpa. He special ordered it without a roof rack, so it came with a work truck grille and sealed beam headlights. Bench seat in the front too.
He even happened to have bought it when they had forged pistons... (350/5.7 Vortec) and he was a candidate for a free engine replacement since people got all pissed about the knock when cold... he skipped that and left it alone.

Yes, she knocks and burns a tiny bit of oil when it's cold out, but shuts right up once the temp gets around 100. About 10 minutes at idle will warm it up to be quiet. About 3-5 minutes of driving and she quiets down.

Then mom and dad bought it from him with about 60,000 miles.

Most expensive repairs to date, was transmission rebuild at somewhere around 165,000 miles, then air conditioning at about 180,000 miles, and then now it's going to be the doors. Hoping the engine goes for a while more, so I can save some money up and build one for it. Still debating on whether it will be a built small block or a big block. I love torque. It gets 18 mpg right now, so I figure a built small block will be around 10-14, and big block might be 6-10. Maybe more if I decide to go with a school bus/rv cam.

These old trucks are so good, that we bought my mom a 1999 K1500 Burb for her, to replace the 1997 that I drive now. 75,000 miles on it. Yes, paid a premium but I think it was worth every penny. Spoils you since it has heated seats, rear air/heat, etc. that the 1997 didn't have. Plus, with a set of Nokian winter tires and 4x4, that thing will go anywhere.

I am considering making my summer money when I take vacation from work to be hotshot loads with the 16 foot tandem and the 1997 Burb. Figure a big block would help if I ever have to go over mountains.
Big block sure is nice for towing.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I go diesel, it will be either a Cummins, Cat, or Ford/International. Maybe an old Detroit 2 stroke with a few mods.

But I do like a gasser, much much cheaper to maintain, (oil is cheaper) and usually cheaper to build. I know a diesel would get modified by me before getting put in, and that adds up fast with turbos, injectors, etc.

The new Isuzu's aren't any good. Older ones are though. Not sure if I'll get enough power from one though.

I am looking for at least 380 hp, and 500 ft lbs of torque. I know a big block will get me north of 450 hp with oval port Edelbrock heads, and tons of torque.

I would love an old Detroit 2 stroke three or four cylinder. Problem is parts...

I would lean towards a 12 valve Cummins. Dead battery, don't matter, just don't shut it off until you get a new one or have a charger/jump pack on hand.

Sorry for the derail guys... I'm sure there is more to talk about with chi com 200t's.

12V, from a 1996-97, came with the best Turbo and the P7100 from the factory. Cheap and easy 400+ HP with injectors and fuel plate.