High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

China 660 clone. Anyone else have a tank leak?

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
5:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The tank on my clone weeps/leaks on the rear seam. It's not a horrible leak, but there nonetheless.

Any ideas to seal it up without uglying it up?

IMG_20180112_111719732.jpg

Pic of the seam that is giving me trouble.

Steven

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I imagine that would make the saw fail a pressure test. If it is new, I would ask for a replacement.

If not, I'm not sure if Loctite 529 would work on that or not, but that is what I would try.

The caps always seem to leak, but are easily fixed with a 55 cent O ring gasket from an auto parts store.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I imagine that would make the saw fail a pressure test. If it is new, I would ask for a replacement.

If not, I'm not sure if Loctite 529 would work on that or not, but that is what I would try.

The caps always seem to leak, but are easily fixed with a 55 cent O ring gasket from an auto parts store.

How does a fuel tank factor into a pressure/vac test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dont believe any sealant would "look" good. For the price id just get another tank. But if is a new purchased tank id be asking the seller for a replacement. You shouldn't have any trouble getting a defective tank replaced since you are not citing a problem with how it looks you have a problem with it working as it should. I mean i doubt the seller had to modify or mess with your money you paid before spending it so the same should apply to your parts purchased.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
5:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's a new saw. I ordered it from hl on one of their after Christmas sales.

The reason I'm trying to fix the leak is. Tanks are on backorder. They don't have a replacement to send me right now.

So I figured if I could get this one sealed up without making it ugly. I wouldn't worry about getting a replacement.

It's not a huge rush on getting it done, but I do have some larger wood that I would like to see how it preformed compared to a oem saw. And I'd rather not get fuel leaked on me or have it split all together. Know what I mean?

Steven

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, but not always on the first time. The O rings from the auto store work a lot better than those flat washers that stretch way too much when you tighten them.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The new China ones sometimes have the lever set wrong, and it leaks (results in a saw with hydro lock, very hard to start).

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen some of them do that, even OEM. Don't know why they seam it like that!