Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This saw was bought from a guy that used to be a member here, JMSSAWS AKA Jason Stratton. Hopefully after you guys see the level of dishonesty that is inside this saw, you will understand why he is never gonna be allowed to be a part of this site again. I know some folks feel bad for the guy......and others have saws that run great that he did.

This sort of stuff is not acceptable work from a site sponsor.

I've tried to stay out of the thick of this stuff with this guy, but this is too nasty to ignore. The saw was supposed to be a completely rebuilt, powder coated, all OEM, beast of a machine. The owner tells me it did run well, but didn't oil correctly. It has about two hours run time on it since he paid 1500.00 for it.

Here's why it didn't oil properly. The oil supply hose is melted to the point that is has a hole it it. For a guy that has "built thousands of 1122 series saws" this should have been a walk in the park........but it looks more like a raging clusterf**k.

IMG_4432.JPG

The oil pump was missing the plug from the end........and part of the plunger was floating around in the clutch drum area.

IMG_4433.JPG
The pump body is damaged by a previous clutch letting go so badly that it doesn't have a stop. On a 1500.00 saw.......this crap is not OK.

IMG_4434.JPG

The oil pump worm gear is a completely worn out piece of junk.

IMG_4447.JPG

The clutch and drum are cheap aftermarket crap. Again........not too cool in a 1500.00 saw that is supposed to be all OEM.

IMG_4450.JPG

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now for the recoil side.

The cover is nice. But........everything inside is crap.

The spool and pawls are aftermarket. And already shot after two hours.

IMG_4435.JPG

The axle is the most worn out one I've ever seen.

IMG_4440.JPG

The other parts are usable........but not on a damn 1500.00 saw.

IMG_4449.JPG

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry sack of *s-word strikes again. I'm to the point I have no repeat for anyone who wants to defend him and his crook ways. Anyone would be a damn fool to buy anything or have anything done by him.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i hope the buyer can get something back from this mess and im meaning the saw not this thread

i know randy is doing this thread as a educational thread for possible future buyers from the guy