Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I mostly filmed and ran in the chainsaw events.
This is my first attempt at adding all the related videos from one event to a "playlist" in Youtube so they are easier to find.

Chardon Ohio maple Festival 2018 info:
first place pays $125 for each event, sixth place pays $20 each event, costs $6 to register for each event and there are all sorts of timber sports events as well as the chainsaw racing.
Qualifying n all events is the first day and the top 6 competitors in each event move on to race Sunday for the money.
Stock appearing at this event means all the stock covers are on the saw and muffler, any fuel or porting or chain is fine. Chaps are required. Chainsaw events are cold start on the ground with a warm up immediately before each heat, three cuts in 8" fresh tuplip poplar cants. The race is for time, so beating someone on teh other end of the cant is not as important as going as fast as you can.
Being the earliest major race the weather plays hell with the guys running alky fuels, it was snowing Sunday morning.

This is the link to the event "playlist and all heats will be in the order they happened.
There is an individual vid for each race and they should run in order f you use this link:

I filmed some of the axe throw but not uploaded
Three cube qualifier round is uploaded
only bow saw race i filmed is uploaded
Five cube qualifier round is uploaded - Nate's 5 cube ran away and broke the chain in this

more to come, I will update this as more gets uploaded
Dave

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
that 3 cube has me shaking my head
I fueled it up and fired it that morning, then fired it at least once more before the race time
then we fired them up at the block and as i reached for the kill switch it sounded like it ran out of fuel, WTF??
I got set and then of course the damn thing wouldn't fire at all, Ryan filmed that heat for me.
So i went back to filming while Shawn and Jody and Nate took my saw over to the parking lot, gave it a prime and pulled it about 30 times , no go :(
They handed it back to me, and i pulled it one last time in disgust and bam it fired right up, WTF #2.
So just for the sake of testing the rig in the poplar they had I ran it in the Cant on video, *s-word i would have been last anyway :(
I stole Ryans squirt can too :)

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep most of the other guys there actually have done it enough to be considered professional lumberjack competitors, if you look at world records for events, a lot of the other names will show up who where competing that day.
Shawn competed last year in 3 and 5 cube.

The 5 cube preliminary round with pipes have been uploaded but I haven’t gotten them added to the “playlist” yet.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ken Freeman, he is a local to Chardon and a good operator plus he runs some Stihls and wins in races :)
His dad is the announcer on the videos
I did notice the fast stihls for sure. Haha that guy announcing sure has a distinctive voice. Seems to get confused sometimes too haha.