High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Chainsaw grinder questions, tips, tricks, and pics!!!!

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
7:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I picked up a Foley Belsaw model 394 sharpener a few months ago. I found a manual for the model 308 that explains the settings for traditional round grinding, but I have read somewhere that this model can also do square grinding. The chain vise has a slide adjustment that allows the vise to slide forward or backward under the wheel, and I think that may be what allows this model to square grind, but I'm not sure. I have scoured the web but cannot find any literature on this model grinder.

Does anyone here have any information regarding the model 394?

View attachment 98416 View attachment 98417 View attachment 98418 View attachment 98419
Did you ever get that grinder figured out? I found another forum a guy had the manual and it told how to set up and grind square but he didnt elaborate, only confirmed it can do square. I'm very interested to know what settings it uses and if the 308 can be made to do square...

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you ever get that grinder figured out? I found another forum a guy had the manual and it told how to set up and grind square but he didnt elaborate, only confirmed it can do square. I'm very interested to know what settings it uses and if the 308 can be made to do square...
Since I never found a manual for my grinder I have it set up for traditional round grinding. If I could get a manual with clear instructions I would likely make the investment in a new wheel to try square grinding. I have never ran a saw equipped with square ground chain so it would be interesting to try.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Since I never found a manual for my grinder I have it set up for traditional round grinding. If I could get a manual with clear instructions I would likely make the investment in a new wheel to try square grinding. I have never ran a saw equipped with square ground chain so it would be interesting to try.
If I get my hands on the manual I will share. I messaged the guy, it was on the forestry forum but an old 2015 post. Idk if hes an active member or not.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

CJ Brown

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the link Marshy.
As much as I would like to have that manual, $37cdn (by the time it gets to my door) is a lot of money for an 11 page manual. If someone else wants to buy it, I would consider buying a copy from them to offset their cost though :SimpHomer:
Hey Chris I have one of those grinders coming my way soon. Hopefully it comes with a manual. If so I'll get copies made and available! Should be in the next week or so!

CJ Brown

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Chris I have one of those grinders coming my way soon. Hopefully it comes with a manual. If so I'll get copies made and available! Should be in the next week or so!
BTW, if there is any play/wear in the pivot joint bushings, new bronze bushings are easy to find on ebay. My grinder had a tiny bit of play that I didn't like, so I got new bushings and they fit perfectly.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
BTW, if there is any play/wear in the pivot joint bushings, new bronze bushings are easy to find on ebay. My grinder had a tiny bit of play that I didn't like, so I got new bushings and they fit perfectly.
Good to know!

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm intrigued. I posted the link above to the 308 manual. It has pics if you need to compare once you get it.
I have a boss at work that is giving it to me. It was his fathers and he passed away back in december. I offered to come and pick it up last week. He insists on bringing it into work. Would be easier my way but I wont argue. I'll post pics when I get it.