High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Chainsaw grinder questions, tips, tricks, and pics!!!!

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
12:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
....it would seem like using a strong solvent for cleaning could degrade the bond?
I don't think that CBN wheels use the softer, resin bond. Best thing would be to ask the manufacturer of the wheel(s) you are considering.

Philbert

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
12:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Louie B
Could explain the different wheels in detail.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What size arbor do you have? My Foley 308 takes 5" x 1/2" wheels, and I got them here:

https://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/5-Chain-Saw-Grinding-Wheels-C263.aspx
The last one for harvester chain has over an inch hole. I can get plenty of worn down wheels with 1" holes. I want the adapter to use those wheels up on rocked chain and used chains. Trying to cut my cost everywhere. This will leave me a better margins. Everything is about coin for me right now. Setting myself up for success this time around. OPE, it's staff and good honest people here are helping me do that.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The last one for harvester chain has over an inch hole. I can get plenty of worn down wheels with 1" holes. I want the adapter to use those wheels up on rocked chain and used chains. Trying to cut my cost everywhere. This will leave me a better margins. Everything is about coin for me right now. Setting myself up for success this time around. OPE, it's staff and good honest people here are helping me do that.

I bet someone with a lathe could make you up something pretty easy.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yup. Easier to buy them.
I'm digging around on the web more. I'll put a request in to that link also. He might have a set available. 4" grinding wheel works good the drags. I set it up on rubber orings. It works good with a Chicago flat chain clamp on my grinder.

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's not the arbor, it's the diameter
Those that he posted are for the smaller grinders with the 4.5" diameter wheel. His and mine are Oregon 511 copies and use the bigger ones

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

What size arbor do you have now, 7/8"? You just need a bushing, I could machine one out in no time.

I normally run my worn silvey wheels on my round grinders once they are too small for the RSII. They remove material fast!

I had to dress one down a little further than it was worn before it would fit in my 300.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What size arbor do you have now, 7/8"? You just need a bushing, I could machine one out in no time.

I normally run my worn silvey wheels on my round grinders once they are too small for the RSII. They remove material fast!

I had to dress one down a little further than it was worn before it would fit in my 300.
1/2"
Your picking up what I'm putting down. Many guys around here run 1"-1 1/4" set ups. Plus @kingOFgEEEks just found the plastic bushings. I was considering GM automatic shift linkage white bushing, shaved down. The plastic jobs are easy to thin out when you need to. Aready have some cupped washers to fit my drive. The old labels make nice shims. The steel bushings and brass ones are a pia and don't fit spun centers. Plastic also expands easily.
Got this small electric motor all set up for dressing wheels down.
My machine has a 2 3/4" swing or clearance. It can be opened up another 1/4". This leaves me lots of cheap options. My chain clamps also fit 180 around. Need to tighten up the vice hole and mark the opposite side with a degree scales. Been using my angle finder to set up.

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1/2"
Your picking up what I'm putting down. Many guys around here run 1"-1 1/4" set ups. Plus @kingOFgEEEks just found the plastic bushings. I was considering GM automatic shift linkage white bushing, shaved down. The plastic jobs are easy to thin out when you need to. Aready have some cupped washers to fit my drive. The old labels make nice shims. The steel bushings and brass ones are a pia and don't fit spun centers. Plastic also expands easily.
Got this small electric motor all set up for dressing wheels down.
My machine has a 2 3/4" swing or clearance. It can be opened up another 1/4". This leaves me lots of cheap options. My chain clamps also fit 180 around. Need to tighten up the vice hole and mark the opposite side with a degree scales. Been using my angle finder to set up.

I just spun it on the RSII and hit it with a dressing brick until it was small enough to fit in the 300. I had to take around 1/2" off the OD.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just spun it on the RSII and hit it with a dressing brick until it was small enough to fit in the 300. I had to take around 1/2" off the OD.
I hear ya. Dressed down a nine inch wheel one day on the 12" chop saw. Need to hack off some roof steel with the circular saw out back seven extension cords down the lineo_O
Asked for pre cuts :facepalm:

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hear ya. Dressed down a nine inch wheel one day on the 12" chop saw. Need to hack off some roof steel with the circular saw out back seven extension cords down the lineo_O
Asked for pre cuts :facepalm:

I use the Red Devil metal cutting carbide saw blades for that. Make sure it's not a plastic cased circular saw.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I use the Red Devil metal cutting carbide saw blades for that. Make sure it's not a plastic cased circular saw.
Me too. That was a few decades ago. When your pressed for time and the store is closed...

Fantastic plastic. Did you catch that piece? :eek: