Chainsaw cleaning best practices

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
7:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok dumb question....what is PSP? Been lost on that for a while. Only thing I figure is it’s something about pretty saws
Thats the term for us fellers on here that dont use saws daily allday and keep our saws nice and pretty. Probably covers about 90% of us on here besides the ones that use a saw about once a month and leave it dirty and that qualifies for non PSP:)

Last edited:

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got the prettiest chit on site due to infrequency of use right now...and don't none of ya ever forget that! And don't make me prove it either! :D :campeon:
My nuts arent any fuzzier if I dont use a saw daily!! I do actually crank quite a few daily and test cut behind the shop

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
8:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My nuts arent any fuzzier if I dont use a saw daily!! I do actually crank quite a few daily and test cut behind the shop
Seems all I've been doing lately is cranking two/three at the time, let 'em idle, rev 'em up a time or two, back to the idle thing for a bit, kill 'em...and grab two/three more and do the same.

Last edited:

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems all I've been doing lately is cranking a two/three at the time, let 'em idle, rev 'em up a time or two, back to the idle thing, kill 'em...and grab a two/three more and do the same.
PissRev!!! :D I use to get tickled at my buddy when he fired one up. He never made it outside the shop but most of the time just to the door so the exhaust still shot back into the shop, pissrev the heck out of it and turn it off and smiled and said, " Man that thing is strong!" :pancarta:

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats the term for us fellers on here that dont use saws daily allday and keep our saws nice and pretty. Probably covers about 90% of us on here besides the ones that use a saw about once a month and leave it dirty and that qualifies for non PSP

My 372 is dirty. From cutting a lot over two years ago. But it's still shiny and new where there isn't bar oil and saw chips/dust. Stickers still on the bottom.

Have yet to clean it. Runs fine. Air filter has been checked and cleaned a couple times.

I miss cutting wood. Been a while since I've cut anything. Plus they just did some power line service around here and of course the tree service cut all of the wood I wanted to cut. And they've been dropping logs off at the mulching place not too far from here instead of at my house. Some of the stuff was huge, up to about 38-42" :BangHead: All because my dad doesn't want ruts in the lawn, so all of that good wood gets wasted by being turned into chips. :bash:

One of these days, I will just call a company up and say bring me the biggest stuff you got and drop it off. I'll give you money for it too. Damn the lawn, I want to cut wood.

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think that was a joke guys, you know like 50/1 0r 40 to one!!!!!!!!
Yes sir, you are correct, that's why I said I was going to mix them all together, so as to make the prettiest color.
In any ratio you like, from 1-1 to 100-1 multiple shades and flavors of air compressor oil that can also be used as cooking oil. Money back guarantee...

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok dumb question....what is PSP? Been lost on that for a while. Only thing I figure is it’s something about pretty saws
Friend's don't let friends become PSP's.
Take em out and help em get that saw dirty....

Dolmar Junkie

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Bacon scented comes to mind, wouldn't be a safe critter in the woods.
Excellent idea, especially since I have Klotz Benol scented candles to get the 2smoke smell.
I would request that you mix a light ratio of biscuit and gravy in with the bacon flavored oil...

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We try to cut firewood every weekend here during the cool part of the year. I bought a new MS261C in the fall, and it's almost due for a new chain. It's losing a little paint off the bar, and looking pretty grimy. This spring when we are done cutting, I'll give it a good cleaning and put it away. I might even post a review thread on it.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice! Is it your same recipe, or did you do anything different to it? I assume it is mtronic?

It's not ported. Timing advance and muffler mod only at this point.

I ran about 20 tanks thru it, then tweaked it. Now I wanna run it this way till I do another batch of 261s.

It really makes you notice the difference when you put a lot of time on them between mods.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool. I understand. I have a few 026s in various states of mods to see the differences.
Nothing like a full port job though. [emoji6] [emoji106]

I'm really impressed with this little saw. Stihl hit a home run with their latest upgrades.