Chainsaw cleaning best practices

SMW_Derek

OPE Member
Local time
1:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi all

Please share best practices for cleaning your chainsaws. For example, what you use to clean them, how you go about it, etc.

It makes a big mess in a hurry and I’m sure some of you have figured out how to contain it and get the old stains off.

Thanks

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
3:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
If making a mess cleaning saws at Home is the problem, clean 'em at the Mother-in-laws'!

:D
Sorry Mel, but I disagree. Your not looking at the big cad picture. If cleaning has become an issue in house, appears that a possible opportunity to justify a new mancave /saw shop/Bologna emporium/pole barn. The OP should not let this opportunity pass him by, justification based on this much actual fact does not come around often!
Plus many other ways to annoy and alienate mother in laws. Glad to list proven suggestions if required...

@SMW_Derek
Welcome to the forum chosen by 10 out of 10 members here at OPE...

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems like my saws fall into two categories: those that stay super clean all on their own and those that are black holes for oily sawdust. My Dolmar 5105 and Echo CS-400 are the former; Poulan 2150, Echo CS-3000, and Mini Mac 160 the latter. Haven't figured out which side the Echo CS-500P and new/used Stihl 024 fall into just yet, need to put more hours on them.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
4:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Compressed air, Dow Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner aerosol spray, rinse, more compressed air, let thoroughly dry, re-assemble whatcha took apart...looks like new!

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What brand oil in the compressor?
Ingersoll Rand, my warranty requires it, but after that it's Katy bar the door, with my new found warrantyless freedom. I may mix all of em to achieve the perfect blend of colors...

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ingersoll Rand, my warranty requires it, but after that it's Katy bar the door, with my new found warrantyless freedom. I may mix all of em to achieve the perfect blend of colors...
That Northern Star Compressor has a 5 yr warranty if the startup kit is purchased. About the best warranty Ive seen