GoldMember
Local time
5:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a nap.

I thought that was our “little secret”?

Ain't nothing "little" about your fart game.

What size wood for this 7900 race? 24"

It would be neat to do two 8” cuts and 2 24” cuts.
Add them all divide by 4 to get the mean and that decides a winner. Makes it complicated though

This here. What David said.

My vote is for a Shoebox-saw build-off:

Vetoed.

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It would be neat to do two 8” cuts and 2 24” cuts.
Add them all divide by 4 to get the mean and that decides a winner. Makes it complicated though

I like the idea but unless the saw really falls on it's face in the bigger wood, the 8" times would be so close that they'd get pretty much averaged out of existence by the 24" times.
Seems like you'd have to figure it by percentage of each for the 8" to mean anything.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like the idea but unless the saw really falls on it's face in the bigger wood, the 8" times would be so close that they'd get pretty much averaged out of existence by the 24" times.
Seems like you'd have to figure it by percentage of each for the 8" to mean anything.

Been thinking about that too Bill. So, 2 cuts in 12", 2 in 24" would be better.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to hear there was not more participation. These kits just seemed to have more gremlins than the 660s.

I built one of them with an OEM 044 P+C and it still seemed to have more vibes than is should have. I trimmed the rubber on the handle on the upper right side, it was contacting the top cover there. All of the handles I have seem to be a little different, some contact, some don't. I also noticed there was not much space between the upper left vibration mount and the case. I added a washer between the mount and the case and the saw seems much smoother now. A lot of playing with em, but hopefully they will be good now.

Also, lesson learned … just because I fixed the impulse does not mean the original AM carb is good, so I did some carb swapping today also.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No class 1 saws. Only a few entries really.

Huge waste of test wood....at least until the Chinese stuff was done. Then there was some cool runs made with other saws.

I hope you and Bubba enjoyed building the saw together, and I hope it runs well and gives him many years of service. IMO, one of the most useful size saws to have, perfect with a 20" bar.