Chainsaw Bar Thread

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can someone compare a 095 mount bar (small husky) to a 216 (echo 490) or 041 mount and confirm if there's enough alignment and resemblance that they might be interchangeable?

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some times great ideas aren't that great .I found a 10 pin sprocket/clutch drum on flea bay for next to nothing that was the same size as a Mac 125 clutch or my avatar saw Homelite in .404 size .Cut down a bar from a Mac 10 series ,open roller so it would fit both those mounts plus a Stihl 084 ,about 18" .Took more than a minute to do that .
Well the short of a long story was the Macs ran it but the extra two teeth(pins ) really dragged the engine down .It may or may not have worked on a kart engine but a stock 125 couldn't get-er-done .Then again if you didn't try things out you would never really know .

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can someone compare a 095 mount bar (small husky) to a 216 (echo 490) or 041 mount and confirm if there's enough alignment and resemblance that they might be interchangeable?
I converted my 490 to a 3/8 lp and shortened the tail on an A041 bar to fit the same chains I’m running on my 400, oils great. Now I can run 2 totally different saws with the same chains.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a 041 to work without mods, but I'm not a fan of a narrow middled 20". 24" and 28" is available in 095, 28" is kinda big even with skip chain I'd assume, but still.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Large mount Husqy fits large mount Echos (modern, cs590 and bigger), but they are a bit loose on the studs having a 9mm slot on 8mm studs. It's best to drill the oil hole larger, or expand it slightly toward the rail, so if the loose fitting bar sits low on the studs, the oil hole can still reach.

Last edited:

brushwacker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took a Doo9 36" oregon and cut to fit stihl 3003. Oiler holes look to line up. Any problems forseen ?
I have done it with 22,24 + 28in bars. All took 1 link shorter chain then the original stihl mount. Just made for odd ball drive link count on the shorter bars. The 28in went from 93 to 92 which i think is still common.

brushwacker

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do Y'all think about Windsor bars.
They been good to me. I like them better than Oregon, little less then STIHL. Stihl always seem to be good bars, never have dissappointed me. Oregon pro bars seem to be a tad easier to bend and the paint doesn't stay on as well. They seem to cut as well unless they get bent.
Cheap bars have been iffy on how well they cut in my experience. I am ok with Oregon's pro bars but for the same price prefer Stihl.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do Y'all think about Windsor bars.
The Windsor's made in Canada are IMO the most underated bars out there. I prefer them to Stihl ES but similar in quality. Great nose sprockets, rails & the paint lasts a long time on Windsors. For the money you can buy them for, I think their 'value' is as goodgood as it gets. I have 5 or 6 NOS solid rsn bars stashed and 4 or 5 that see regular use. I have all the Jap bars, cannon, Stihl, Oregon, Carlton etc so I'm not shooting from the hip.

sawtalk81

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The Windsor's made in Canada are IMO the most underated bars out there. I prefer them to Stihl ES but similar in quality. Great nose sprockets, rails & the paint lasts a long time on Windsors. For the money you can buy them for, I think their 'value' is as goodgood as it gets. I have 5 or 6 NOS solid rsn bars stashed and 4 or 5 that see regular use. I have all the Jap bars, cannon, Stihl, Oregon, Carlton etc so I'm not shooting from the hip.
Couldn't of put it better nicely put.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently saw a new Husqvarna X force laminated bar, and it is very high quality. Square rails, thin paint, very tight groove .051-.052". I assume it wasn't made by Oregon as the larger solid bars appear to be (I don't know if they really are). They seem to be on the same level as Stihl bars. The package says made in Norway.

Last edited:

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good heavens the mention of bars I've never heard of .I'm out of the loop .Don't know bar code numbers ,I'm doomed.
Aha but this I do know ,some Mac 10 series will fit Huskies and vice versa .Using the right Bar plates on a Partner a Husky bar or a 10 series Mac will work,even a Partner if you can find one .That's all I know.
Except if I get some odd ball I just sort through my bars until I find one that fits and usually am successful .Luck of the Irish except I'm English/German .Humor.some have it some don't:)

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently saw a new Husqvarna X force laminated bar, and it is very high quality. Square rails, thin paint, very tight groove .051-.052". I assume it wasn't made by Oregon as the larger solid bars appear to be (I don't know if they really are). They seem to be on the same level as Stihl bars. The package says made in Norway.
I wonder if Husky is making their own bars now? There was talk of it a few years ago when those in the know posted that they were soon to be making chain which ended up happening. Sounds like a good nice bar! I've got a few bars from a few countries, I'd love to have a Norway made bar. We need pics of these new lollipops!

JT78

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I am looking at a sugi 28 Stihl mount that's 92 drive links all my other 28 inch bars are husky mount 93 drive links. I plan to run the adapter plate, my question is this am I going to have to take one drive Link out of each chain I have for it to fit or will it actually work without having to go through the hassle of taking out a drive Link?

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Put little bit of hook in the teeth and that Vangaurd does a fine job of clearing those trash trees (3"~8") that developers tend to leave standing in yards.
Mostly Sweetgum and lopsided Willow Oaks, around here. Get 'em in the springtime when the sap's just coming up but not they're not fully covered in leaves yet.

Will this work? If so, how dangerous?
10-3/8
View attachment 166395
I'm thinking I'll wear welding gloves too first time I try this.

Attachments

• Vanguard hooked.JPG
    Vanguard hooked.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 17

JT78

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I am looking at a sugi 28 Stihl mount that's 92 drive links all my other 28 inch bars are husky mount 93 drive links. I plan to run the adapter plate, my question is this am I going to have to take one drive Link out of each chain I have for it to fit or will it actually work without having to go through the hassle of taking out a drive Link?
Found out the 92drive link sugi Stihl bar will run 93 drive Link chain. The 92 dl chain was to short.

Kerfed

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another plug for the Husky x-force. Have never plugged the oiler port, unlike many others, and has worn surprisingly well with a year of serious abuse.