High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

ChainBrake tool Husqvarna

rkious

OPE Member
Local time
8:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Looks like taking a Flat screw driver and cutting a slot in the center would work for putting the chainbrake spring back in( Husqvarna) . Just using a Normal screw driver at this time .... Do y'all use the factory tool or build your own?

Thanks,

Ross

Warped5

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put a large screwdriver in the vise, grab the clutch cover and put the screwdriver tip in that 'square' hole. Then gently twist the cover until the brake is reset.

Plan B is putting vise-grips on to act as the brake flag and reset it that way.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe @tree monkey did a thread on this with a video a while back. Maybe Scott can chime in and refresh my memory.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The OP was wanting how install the large chain brake spring. You can modified a cheap opened wrench to push the spring back on with the cover being held in a vise. As resetting the chain brake knee joint a modified 13mm/1/2" scwrench will work nicely although you will need an extra extension on it as they are to short and require too much hand torque to work.

rkious

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks . I am going to play around with a few old wrench's and screwdrivers and modify them and see what ends up being the best. As far as resetting the chainbrake I just use the Brake handle as a tool to reset it with , but cutting out a socket might be the way to go.