High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Ceramic grinding wheels on the Oregon 620 ,520s

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
5:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Oregon has been promoting their new auto chainsaw chain grinder the 720- what ever. Oregon even invited me down to Saint Louis to get some education and play with the new machine. During this education I asked a question. " If you start at a short tooth as many have been told to do, what keeps it from burning the crap out of the longer cutters? They informed me , one if it is just one short tooth you should skip it.
Two that the new wheel cuts with a lot less friction and doesn't burn the cutters.
I though well why not use them on the other Grinders?
Well they won't work. They only work in the auto grinder.
So......

psuiewalsh

Basement Bodging
Local time
6:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When the blue wheel is too small for the silvey, I dress it down some more and use it with a spacer on my Maxx. Hate to just throw them out with so much material remaining.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
5:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
When the blue wheel is too small for the silvey, I dress it down some more and use it with a spacer on my Maxx. Hate to just throw them out with so much material remaining.
How do you like the silver? I looked at the Maxx a few years ago. I thought really hard on that one. How do you like it?

psuiewalsh

Basement Bodging
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine is an old Swingarm. It beats filing for me. The Maxx works ok too. Light is out and I never replaced it. I have a gooseneck light next to it that works fine. I like the spring clamp on it vs manal type.

dirter

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So this fellow posted essentially the same thing on at least a couple other boards and didn’t respond to questions about the long term good or bad on them either. He just vanished it seems. Did anyone else try this?