High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

PAST Central PA gtg 2.0

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
4:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
You guys can show up any time. I'll be up there at 7 so any help will be appreciated. If I'm ready to go, you can just sit around and cook chicken and bs. This coming Saturday I plan to drag out and set up logs. I'm interested to know if we'll have enough cants. I have some smaller logs that can be used for odd cuts or?

I listed all the attendees and what they are bringing in the first post. Please let me know if I missed anything as it will help me see what we need.

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Right now I have about 80' of cants dog-earred. It's still round at the moment. I'm going to try to dig up some more as I'm guessing at a few inches per 3-slices, it's gonna go quickly with the amount of people coming. If anybody else is able to supplement that it would probably be nice so everybody can get their turn at whooping a husky, err I mean stihl...

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Right now I have about 80' of cants dog-earred. It's still round at the moment. I'm going to try to dig up some more as I'm guessing at a few inches per 3-slices, it's gonna go quickly with the amount of people coming. If anybody else is able to supplement that it would probably be nice so everybody can get their turn at whooping a husky, err I mean stihl...
i'm gonna be in your neck of the woods today and might know where there is some untreated oak railroad tie rejects. i'll let you know.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have heard of Rock Maple, which is Black Maple, similar to Sugar Maple, but not! I believe it is used for Bowling Alley and Gym Floors.

But I never heard of Rock Oak! That said, White Oak, Chestnut Oak and big dead Red Oak can be pretty tough to cut.

IMO, usually the toughest wood to cut, is Hickory, Shag Bark or Smooth (Pig Nut), does not matter! Tougher to cut than Black Locust! My saws just slow right down in it.

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We have lots of rock Oak. You'll see some in the woods if you come over. It's not actually that hard to cut. I'd say it's comprable to red or white oak.

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have heard of Rock Maple, which is Black Maple, similar to Sugar Maple, but not! I believe it is used for Bowling Alley and Gym Floors.

But I never heard of Rock Oak! That said, White Oak, Chestnut Oak and big dead Red Oak can be pretty tough to cut.

IMO, usually the toughest wood to cut, is Hickory, Shag Bark or Smooth (Pig Nut), does not matter! Tougher to cut than Black Locust! My saws just slow right down in it.
Chestnut oak I believe is synonymous with rock oak. Least round here anyway.