Case gasket material

JonCraig

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I need to make a NLA case gasket. Thickness is 0.02”. Anything I need to look out for/avoid when I go to my local parts store to buy sheets of gasket material?

Thank you!

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well the thickness of the cardboard on a 24 pack of Bud Light is 22 thou if that helps .That aside about any of that typical brown gasket paper should work .Most of that stuff is rolled up in a tube .You about have to lay it out flat on a table and put a couple big books on it for a couple days to flatten it out .

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well the thickness of the cardboard on a 24 pack of Bud Light is 22 thou if that helps .That aside about any of that typical brown gasket paper should work .Most of that stuff is rolled up in a tube .You about have to lay it out flat on a table and put a couple big books on it for a couple days to flatten it out .
Water will make it lay flatter fast just wet it.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Water will make it lay flatter fast just wet it.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fel Pro lists the thickness as .063. Will 3x the thickness as OEM be an issue?

Fel Pro sells many thicknesses of this type gasket material, do a google search for their site and there will be several to choose from. I know of 3 sizes I have used, 3054 is .063, ...3046 is .031,...3011 is .015. There may be more so a search will likely reveal those sizes and numbers. I would choose a size relatively close and go with it.

Last edited: