Carb swapping 019t

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 019t that needed a carb rebuild. It was not rinning right. I put a kit in and it still doesn't run right. You have to feather the throttle up to WOT, then it will only run there a few seconds before it falls on its face. Like it's starving for fuel.

I did throw a new fuel filter on. It was one I think from a weed eater but the line size was the same, does not look to have the same surface area but assumed it would flow fine, maybe this is the problem, I have not swapped it out yet?

The carb has NO high speed adjustable jet! I don't see any of the replacement China carbs on ebay for the exact model Zama as on the saw. Ones with same c1q main number but the version or whatever (the second part) is different. I know it has to do with where things like fuel intake is throttle linkages are , the type, how there clocked etc. But is the main guts and everything the same, as in could I buy one of those, swap my linkages over and what all and install on my saw for a new carb and to get an adjustable H? I just didn't know if all the rest of the carb is the same like metering venturi and main jet and all the orfaces?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
4:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is another carb with both high and low speed needles that can be adjusted that was offered by Stihl. It is definitely the carb of choice for the 019T. I made the same error messing with the one needle set up and it was a flop just as you described, the other carb was the cure. I used another side cover, but I would think that holes can be drilled for access to the adjustment screws.

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is another carb with both high and low speed needles that can be adjusted that was offered by Stihl. It is definitely the carb of choice for the 019T. I made the same error messing with the one needle set up and it was a flop just as you described, the other carb was the cure. I used another side cover, but I would think that holes can be drilled for access to the adjustment screws.
I only saw one in the ipl. I will look again to see if I missed it? I need to figure out that one . Looking it looks like there was a similar carb on the 021 and 025 saw , I wonder if that's it, if looked like similar linkages on the pic on ebay?

As for drilling an access hole, that's no problem. This is no beauty queen. Just something to play with. Well used, but seems to have decent compression from the way the rope still pulls.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Problem solved. That fuel filter that I put on couldn't handle the fuel flow that was needed.

67L36Driver

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Early version of 019t has adjustable h & l carb.
fb303894597ed800d3c6f08bbaf8e036.jpg

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And the original i took off that didnt look bad, was bad. It couldnt flow the fuel needed either. When you took it out the fuel stayed in the filter you had to pour it out the inlet! Replaced with a gold plated ($8) original stihl and it is fine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk