Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was hoping you would chime in Jon curious to what you thought.

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Their is a dealer here close to me now that is a good dude to deal with.

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Redbull Thanks for posting the link

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
10:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I was hoping you would chime in Jon curious to what you thought.

I think that you get what you pay for, and if you are doing a lot of cutting, milling, bucking, the cost of a high quality bar is very minimal once you extrapilate the cost versus the hours of service.

As Julian, Mike Lee, Don, and Al have mentioned, Cannon is just a better made, and shaped guide bar.

The Old Stock Sugi Hara's are also really good, but getting harder to find. I wish I had hung onto a couple of the twelve 36" 3003 bars I picked up. Oh well, if I had hung onto the stuff I should have, I would have some serious 'splainin to do...

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I find something very odd. Maybe someone can answer this for me......

I'm an Oregon dealer and my distributor also stocks Cannon bars...All the ones here in Canada have the single rivet Oregon style tips, or the old ones had the old style three rivet Oregon tip.....Obviously in some places they look like Sugi's?...A smaller company like Cannon I would think would have one line style. ...Thoughts? ...Inside information?

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
10:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I find something very odd. Maybe someone can answer this for me......

I'm an Oregon dealer and my distributor also stocks Cannon bars...All the ones here in Canada have the single rivet Oregon style tips, or the old ones had the old style three rivet Oregon tip.....Obviously in some places they look like Sugi's?...A smaller company like Cannon I would think would have one line style. ...Thoughts? ...Inside information?

The single rivet tip is supported by more of the bar body, where the older 3 rivet tip is only supported by the end of the bar body, resulting in more tip flex. At least that is what I have witnessed when comparing the Oregon bars.

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The single rivet tip is supported by more of the bar body, where the older 3 rivet tip is only supported by the end of the bar body, resulting in more tip flex. At least that is what I have witnessed when comparing the Oregon bars.

I'm well aware of the advantages of an inserted tip.. My question isn't related to bar design in general, but rather when any of us buy a Cannon bar, are we actually getting a Cannon bar??...Here in Canada they look like rebranded Oregon bars and apparently they look like Sugi's in the USA???....Sure makes me wonder if all we're getting is a warm fuzzy feeling when we buy Cannon. ...I know in the old days they made their bars. ..Sure makes me wonder now?

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
C1 Keith here is the part#
a8e1b53add6ff58bb5120ee397fdacc8.jpg

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm well aware of the advantages of an inserted tip.. My question isn't related to bar design in general, but rather when any of us buy a Cannon bar, are we actually getting a Cannon bar??...Here in Canada they look like rebranded Oregon bars and apparently they look like Sugi's in the USA???....Sure makes me wonder if all we're getting is a warm fuzzy feeling when we buy Cannon. ...I know in the old days they made their bars. ..Sure makes me wonder now?
If you measure the rail gap on a cannon compared to an Oregon the cannon is tighter. The bigger bars all look the same in Canada or the US. I doubt oregon makes 2 profile bars for them to rebadge