GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
4:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Someone needs to go first it seems.

Late last year I had the desire for a 50cc saw with heated handles and "self tuning" carb. I talked with both Randy and Scott about doing the work and in the end made a deal with @tree monkey .

Stihl Canada had a really good promo on the MS261CM-VW in January so I bought the saw and sent it on down. Let me say, being an "international client" is always a little nerve racking but between Scott and Julian @Redbull661 they handled communication excellently and kept me well in the loop in the process.

We had an understanding that I wanted the saw thoroughly tested and broken in before return and they accomplished that. So much to the point that it went with them all the way to the CT GTG and was run by a bunch of great guys before I had even pulled the trigger on it.

Julian looked after the international return shipping for Scott. Let me know when it was leaving, promptly sent me the tracking info and even watched it himself and warned me the morning it was due to arrive. I was glad he did as I was out of town and our Firetrucking Gov't / Post Office have started collecting taxes on all shipments valued at over $30 and I had to call my CC info in to my office so they could accept the package.

This is the saw in my avatar and I love it. While I don't seem to keep many saws long I can't ever see this one not being in my stable. (video in my signature)

Thank you both Scott & Julian

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shortly after his heart difficulties, I contacted Scott about doing an MS660 for me. Straight away he told me it would be awhile but he would happy to do one for me. He is funny guy to talk to on the phone and I had met him in person at the second Geniusfest in Michigan last year. I had an MS660 on hand that had come from a local tree company with a scored piston and pretty low hours. I tore it down and flushed the crankcase well, packaged it up with a new piston and sent it to the Tree Monkey lair. This year before the CT GTG at @paragonbuilder place, I was contacted by @redbull to arrange return shipping and payment . IT showed up a few days later and was a nice strong runner. Sadly, I don't really do any work with saws anymore and have changed my focus to being a saw racing wannabe. A friend of a relative of mine called me about a month ago and wanted an 044 with a 36" bar and no matter how hard I tried, he wouldn't be talked into a bigger saw or smaller bar.
Well.....of course last week he calls back and is willing to listen to reason as it is pretty slow to cut fallen oak trunks of 30" + all day with an 044/36".
I offered him a chance to run all the saws on the shelf that aren't spoken for. He immediately wanted an 084 because it is the biggest saw I have there except a minty MS880 and he likes the idea of a vintage saw.
Then he saw the treemonkey MS660 and wanted the whole story about ported saws, ms660s, tree monkey, etc.
We took both saws out to the big log and he got a big grin running both of them.
He managed to shear the flywheel key by kicking on the chain brake of the 084 at nearly full throttle :(
He took the TM660 with him and had to have a full wrap pro-safety wrap for it along with a 28" bar and new chains.
He sent me a picture the next day of the TM660 on top of a chunk of wood he had cut up
"this would've taken over an hour with that other saw. Took 5 minutes. God damn dude. This thing is badass."
IMG_0368.JPG
the next day another message "can't say it enough this thing is awesome" with another pic
IMG_0367.JPG
He is coming back later this week for an 084 with a 36" and a high output oiler :)

We are both very happy with the tree monkey!!
Dave

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
4:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shortly before his heart attack I dropped off a 365 spcl. at Tree Monkeys.Then heard the bad news.
I waited a few weeks then called him one day, he said ''I spose yer wondering about yer saw, it's done we been running it a little.'' I think he worked on it in the hospital.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
5:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Scott did an 044 and an 066 for me. I sold the 066 because I didnt need another big saw, seeing as I had a 661, 394, and 084, but kept the 044. The 044 is definately a runner, and I keep it tuned to about where Scott told me it likes to be. The transaction was painless, and although he was having heart troubles at the time, saw got back to me reasonably quick. Very happy with my TM 044.