High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Builder in Hudson Valley area(NY)

StrongBad

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hello everyone. New to forum. I have a few saws that I have held on to because I liked them all around. One I would like to give a little love to since I enjoyed it and it had made me money over the years is my Ps6400 Dolmar.
I would like to woods port it. Currently has a 72??cc Jug and piston on it from a rebuild 7 years ago. The plan is a new 7900 p&c woods ported with piston mods. Can anyone recommend a builder with some good Dolmar experience? I would like to stay in region and deal with someone personally. Northeast PA and Western CT up to Albany NY would be ideal. Thank you.

StrongBad

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks. I will send some messages. I hope to make the NY and CT G2Gs. Been trying to read up on this saw some.
Some history on saw. I got this saw some time back when I was foreman/operator of a tree and landscape business(at time starting my own) for several years. We had a local power equipment place that became a dealer. This saw had a freshen up with a 7300 jug and piston because it was a mid size go to saw seeing heavy use its first couple years. I enjoyed using this saw and hoarded it back then from our south of border employees. Not sure on the exact reasons but parts were taking too long to come in, saws sent in for maintenance were not being fixed properly and dealer kept blaming Dolmar and stopped carrying them. I got saw from my boss because he couldn't deal with having to order anything and returned to the other locations that sold Husq/Stihl that he has dealt with for 30years. I put a lot of time on this saw and really liked the power curve and torque. It reminded me of a more old school type saw. Its sad because all the local tree guys got a negative view of brand even though everyone liked the saw. I honestly thought Dolmar went out of business and I had a saw you couldn't get parts for. After investigating it just seemed to have carried over to Makita.

StrongBad

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I've enjoyed saws way too long and use too often to not have had a worked saw. This may get addicting haha. They are small so wife won't mind as much as my 2 stroke dirtbikes and rockcrawler parts that fill garage. Everyone who replied thanks again.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I've enjoyed saws way too long and use too often to not have had a worked saw. This may get addicting haha. They are small so wife won't mind as much as my 2 stroke dirtbikes and rockcrawler parts that fill garage. Everyone who replied thanks again.
This is a list of the builders for the most part. I believe it's current. Welcome.
http://opeforum.com/threads/saw-builder-location.11807/

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey, I am in lower Hudson Valley. I have camp property near Oneonta and family in Malone area.
Small world.
I live 50 minutes from Malone (Rouses Point).
Have a camp in Paul Smiths.
My ex wife’s family lives in Malone.
Very familiar with the area ;)