srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
9:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice. You guys have been posting away and I had no idea. Didn't get any notification recently.

So, here's where I'm at. Got the 6100 and I got the big saw (hopefully). Settled on a Husky 2100. I think it'll suit my purposes.

Hoping to make a decision on the 372 in about 10 days. Waiting on some saw funds to come in.

Send pics...

The stock filter on a 2100 is no good for milling. Your best bet is to go with a v-stack setup and UNI or K&N filter. I personally run a dual stage UNI filter with an outerwears prefilter that repels water.

IMG_7189.jpg

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My 375K cylinder before they ever started putting them on chainsaws from factory.

Never ran across a 71cc to keep up with it 16"-32" back in its day.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
4:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The stock filter on a 2100 is no good for milling. Your best bet is to go with a v-stack setup and UNI or K&N filter. I personally run a dual stage UNI filter with an outerwears prefilter that repels water.

View attachment 138106

Good info. I won't have the saw for a while and will be even longer before I'm ready to mill. Just making some preparations to get ready. I think I've seen some v-stacks that you had in pics before. Do you mill them? Or do you buy them? I'd be interested to get one from you if this deal goes through on the 2100.

You got any pics of that 371? Sounds interesting.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 375K cylinder before they ever started putting them on chainsaws from factory.

Never ran across a 71cc to keep up with it 16"-32" back in its day.

That's a beast. It rips. Thanks for sharing...

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Key word here is: properly.

I don't consider hogging out the intake and exhaust ports as much as possible, properly.

Now, the people that can port them properly, consider the cost/time more than the output/reward.

Sorry for derailing thread, OP. Plus side is extra bumps...

No, don't be sorry, interesting reads here. I like hearing folks opinions on saws. :)

Anyways, it matters to me because he referred to my saw as a xpw. When it's just a xp.

No, I asked because I didn't know if you were the guy that had one advertised. There was a guy selling one and I was trying to figure out if that was you.

Last edited:

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good info. I won't have the saw for a while and will be even longer before I'm ready to mill. Just making some preparations to get ready. I think I've seen some v-stacks that you had in pics before. Do you mill them? Or do you buy them? I'd be interested to get one from you if this deal goes through on the 2100.

You got any pics of that 371? Sounds interesting.

I make my own v-stacks.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's a beast. It rips. Thanks for sharing...

Dan Henry did the port work way back. Only around 180psi.

Never cared for lot of psi in my work saws.

Used to run it in the alky/nitro 5ci class to learn to race with back then too. Me as operator always held any saw I ran back though. = just to slow.