Bow bars

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
1:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just wondering if bow bars are worth anything? I have one just don't know what to do with it. Use it for bucking wood in a pile, put on the shelf on a saw I don't run for display or sell it? Stihl bow bar guy I got from said they were the best for bucking firewood but people used them incorrectly and they quit making them because of it.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Just wondering if bow bars are worth anything? I have one just don't know what to do with it. Use it for bucking wood in a pile, put on the shelf on a saw I don't run for display or sell it? Stihl bow bar guy I got from said they were the best for bucking firewood but people used them incorrectly and they quit making them because of it.
Learn how to use one. Your back will thank you when cutting five or more cords a day. Plus they look cool and scare most people. A giant bow bolted to a muff modded 026 will clear the streets on Halloween. lol

Perfect tool to firewood a fell or fallen dead tree.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Learn how to use one. Your back will thank you when cutting five or more cords a day. Plus they look cool and scare most people. A giant bow bolted to a muff modded 026 will clear the streets on Halloween. lol

Perfect tool to firewood a fell or fallen dead tree.
How about a bow on a 044 hybrid? Would work on the 026 just need to change rim. Probably be real nice on it after it has the full woods port.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
No chain. Just for fun.

My 455 is 77cc. Runs a medium to large bow. It's in the classifieds if you want one all setup and ready to cut.

I've run a large Stihl bow on a 660. I have a medium Stihl bow hanging on the wall. It's good for small long logs on a pile. Too small for me. Fits a 026-362 real good.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never used one I need to look closer but the one I have is over 20" whatever that's considered. And a loop of chain on it ready to go. Stihl bow.