Bought A New Supply Of Trufuel

mcginkleschmidt

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's been a couple of years since I bought my last Trufuel and I needed a new supply and was searching around to find the best price. Two years ago Home Depot was selling 32 oz. of Trufuel for $4.47/can in lots of six or more cans and I took a website printout to Lowe's and got a price match plus 10% off that came to $4.02/can.

But prices are higher two years later and the 6-can or more price at Home Depot has been increased to $4.77/can and Lowes policy will still price match but will no longer give the 10% discount.

I would have gone to Home Depot and simply bought a couple of cases of Trufuel except that Home Depot only carries the loose cans and I didn't want a dozen loose cans rolling around in the back of my truck on my drive back to home. Moreover, cans in an unopened carton are unlikely to have been tampered with. For this reason I went to the same Lowe's from two years ago that had a few 6-can cases on hand and, sure enough, there high on one of the top shelves were several 6-can cases of Trufuel.

I searched around the store and found a rolling ladder and lowered two cases of Trufuel, put it into my shopping cart and headed to the customer service desk for a Lowe's price match. As I was paying the Lowe's customer service lady told me, "I gave you a better price, I gave you contractor pricing on your Trufuel."

Sure enough, instead of a $4.77/can price match, my receipt showed a price of $4.29/can, a little higher than from two years ago but I'm a happy camper.

Attachments

• Lowes Trufuel Price.jpg
    Lowes Trufuel Price.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 33

MarkEagleUSA

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been buying VP SEF 40:1 at Tractor Supply for $19.99/gallon (true gallon, not the 110 oz like TruFuel). The 2 local Lowe's seem to never have TruFuel in case lots and I don't particularly like buying the loose cans.