Bore & Strokes that are odd numbers..??

sawgarage

Active OPE Member
Local time
11:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Bore & Stroke...

Not totally chainsaw related, but it's general engine theory, etc... plus I knew everyone here would be cool with it and maybe we can all be confused together! Lol

Anyway, My buddy just acquired a 1st gen bronco... I wanted to see what motor options they had, so, ensues the google search; bringing us to Wikipedia...

I then saw the specs on bore/stroke on the 200 inline 6 and said "no way, those #'s have to be a misprint...

So, I looked it up, and to my surprise, they have some WACKY numbers... anyone care to take a WAG as to why?

V2D735052.pdf

http://vintage.mitchell1.com/PClubData/chassis/den73/V2D735052.pdf

I'm sorry for the rant... it's not me, I promise... I got into these veggie sticks the wife has and I think they are gonna put me to the loony bin...o_O;)

-J-

ryanjames170

New OPE Member
Local time
10:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
i am not sure as to why but i have always wondered this myself as to why on earth they never just pick evan numbers for this stuff.. i can only think perhaps getting a particular cubic volume is more there goal then anything but hard to say.. evan the Chevy 350 uses a odd stroke length of 3.48.. i mean come on they couldn't just go to 3.5 inch for the stoke.