Blades for the eX-Mark 48" walk behind

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
1:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking for some insight on blades for this Viking 48" walk behind. Since I'm mowing quite a bit when the grass is wet I was wondering if anyone had any advice on blades for this scenario. Otherwise, referrals, input and advice is well appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like the Gator G6 blades for most mowers and situations. I have them on a 72" Kubota front deck and mow whenever I get a chance (wet or dry). They have good lift and seem to cut the blades of grass finer.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking for some insight on blades for this Viking 48" walk behind. Since I'm mowing quite a bit when the grass is wet I was wondering if anyone had any advice on blades for this scenario. Otherwise, referrals, input and advice is well appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Little late, but just in time for this spring/summer :).
I prefer the high lift blades on all the exmarks I run. Currently I'm running a 2014 60" Lazer Z and it does well with them. The exmark in it's standard setup is not designed to mulch, but to cut then pass to the next blade and so on. If you want to truly mulch you can buy a deck kit for most if the pro grade decks although I'm not sure if they are available for a viking.
Keeping the slight deck angle forward as per the setup instructions will help for all cutting on most mowers and I find is crucial on an exmark.
Hope this helps,
Brett