Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
this is a new one to me and glad I checked in with paypal to be sure it was nonsense before clicking on anything

they sent me a text message saying that "kim has sent you 20.00" and the body of the text includes a hyperlink to check your balance that looks legit but is definitely missing the "s" in https: that all secure verified sites have

sure enough it is a Trojan to gain access to your paypal account remotely, where they can steal your chainsaw play money and change the password so you cant get back in to your account

Be Very Wary and never click any link in correspondence you did not initiate!!

Dave

remember Tammy in Atlanta got me for a grand because I let me guard down, suspect anything and everything
confirm before you click

Last edited:

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
apparently this is a lot more likely to succeed with someone who has their phone number tied to their paypal account who is used to getting text alerts when funds arrive
just dumb luck that my account is not set up that way so it was strange enough to set off my "bump of trouble"

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for sharing Dave. I see this stuff all the time.
We had someone working her last year that would have clicked on anything that popped up.
AARGH.......stranger danger!!

I got scammed when a vendor got hacked and some clever beotchwhore in Atlanta sent me duplicates of all of the e-mails he sent me for several months with a spoofed header and I followed the instructions to send a western union payment to "an associate in the US who already had the goods stateside and could expedite my shipment", yep dumb dave took it bent over for 10 Benjamins, but I was smart enough to ignore the follow up request for "unplanned customes charges for an additional amount, a few days later". If I ever go to Atlanta again I may need bail money and an alibi

I almost got taken for several thousand bucks on Ebay when someone stole a paypal account and used it to buy a printer for printing thermal images on CDs back in the early days of recordable cd media, the name on the paypal account was spelled one letter off from the shipping address and so we made a call to the buyer (back then all info was open to the seller and buyer easily) and the buyer had no idea he had purchased my printer or any of the other expensive goods the FBI found out the hacker had purchased and received.

Dave

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Subject: Dear Respected One,

Dear Respected Dave

GREETINGS,

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you. I got your contact from the International web site directory. I prayed over it and selected your name among other names due to it's esteeming nature and the recommendations given to me as a reputable and trust worthy person I can do business with and by the recommendations I must not hesitate to confide in you for this simple and sincere business.

I am Wumi Abdul Genius; the only Son of late Mr and Mrs George Abdul. My father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant in Abidjan,the economic capital of Ivory Coast before he was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outing to discus on a business deal. When my mother died on the 21st October 1984, my father took me and my younger brother HASSAN special because we are motherless. Before the death of my father on 30th June 2002 in a private hospital here in Abidjan. He secretly called me on his bedside and told me that he has a sum of $12.500.000 (Twelve Million, five hundred thousand dollars) left in a suspense account in a local Bank here in Abidjan, that he used my name as his first Daughter for the next of kin in deposit of the fund.

He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth and some huge amount of money his business associates supposed to balance his from the deal they had that he was poisoned by his business associates, that I should seek for a God fearing foreign partner in a country of my choice where I will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose, (such as real estate management). Sir, we are honourably seeking your assistance in the following ways.

1) To provide a Bank account where this money would be transferred to.

2) To serve as the guardian of this since I am a girl of 26 years.

Moreover Sir, we are willing to offer you 15% of the sum as compensation for effort input after the successful transfer of this fund to your designate account overseas. please feel free to contact ,me via this email address
wumi1000abdul@yahoo.com

Anticipating to hear from you soon.
Thanks and God Bless.
Best regards.
Wumi Abdul Genius

PLEASE FOR PRIVATE AND SECURITY REASONS,REPLY ME VIA EMAIL:
wumi1000abdul@yahoo.com

olympyk_999

there is no better mod than CANTGITRIGHT!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Dear Respected Dave

GREETINGS,

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you. I got your contact from the International web site directory. I prayed over it and selected your name among other names due to it's esteeming nature and the recommendations given to me as a reputable and trust worthy person I can do business with and by the recommendations I must not hesitate to confide in you for this simple and sincere business.

I am Wumi Abdul Genius; the only Son of late Mr and Mrs George Abdul. My father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant in Abidjan,the economic capital of Ivory Coast before he was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outing to discus on a business deal. When my mother died on the 21st October 1984, my father took me and my younger brother HASSAN special because we are motherless. Before the death of my father on 30th June 2002 in a private hospital here in Abidjan. He secretly called me on his bedside and told me that he has a sum of $12.500.000 (Twelve Million, five hundred thousand dollars) left in a suspense account in a local Bank here in Abidjan, that he used my name as his first Daughter for the next of kin in deposit of the fund.

He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth and some huge amount of money his business associates supposed to balance his from the deal they had that he was poisoned by his business associates, that I should seek for a God fearing foreign partner in a country of my choice where I will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose, (such as real estate management). Sir, we are honourably seeking your assistance in the following ways.

Moreover Sir, we are willing to offer you 15% of the sum as compensation for effort input after the successful transfer of this fund to your designate account overseas. please feel free to contact ,me via this email address
wumi1000abdul@yahoo.com

Thanks and God Bless.
Best regards.
Wumi Abdul Genius

wumi1000abdul@yahoo.com
seems legit:)

KenJax Tree

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would be suspicious if someone randomly sent me money in the first place. I never unexpectedly receive money and if i get money i know who its from and why i got it.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Dear Respected Dave

GREETINGS,

wumi1000abdul@yahoo.com

Thanks and God Bless.
Best regards.
Wumi Abdul Genius

wumi1000abdul@yahoo.com

SIMPLY BRILLIANT!!!!!!! how may I subscribe to your newsletter?

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would be suspicious if someone randomly sent me money in the first place. I never unexpectedly receive money and if i get money i know who its from and why i got it.
I do get sometimes more than a hundred paypal payments in a day because we only accept paypal for ebay purchases, I certainly dont know most of them personally and the amounts can vary greatly, so that isn't too out of place, but getting a text alert was the first little red flag, seeing a user name of just "kim" and then no "s" in the "secure" address was the hat trick
Dave

Grimmy

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I would have insta deleted that email! I'm glad I had my phone and email tied to my PP account, as I was notified someone hacked it, added an email, and I was able to login and delete that added email, as they just made it the primary email address. As I was doing that, I found they made 2 purchases. I was able to get them cancelled before they received anything. I now have a different email address that goes right to my phone for my PP account, so I'm notified instantly about any activity. Just goes to show, you better get a better secure password.