Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
7:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Your daughter looks to be doing a fine job stuff the intertube in the tire.

My self never felt the job was so hard to pay the kind of money the tire store wants to do the job.
You have to wresle the things in a pick up or on a trailer and take them to the shop. then wait there till they get around to them or make the trip home then back again to pick them up than back home to wrestle them off the trailer out of the pickup and on the tractor.

:D Al

I agree. They are actually eaiser to change while still mounted to the tractor than on the floor.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
8:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last one I fixed was a front 4x4 12.4-24. Loaded it on the trailer with the loader and took it. It’s fluid filled with a tube so I don’t mess with those. I have remounted 9.5-24 4x4 front with ether and an air hose connected to it. Tractor had a loader and weights so we didn’t run fluid in it

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rim and tube are on the way. Will figger out what I'm going to do when they get here. I can take my time about it, since I can use Dad's 2706E with 46 hours on the clock whenever I need to!:)

Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back when I was young and working at a JD shop they gave me a JD 440 skidder for a tire change. It had chains, full compliments of weights, and full of calcium chloride. Plus, skidders had a guard over the valve stem and a super deep bead area so as not to get the bead popped off when sticks and limb pieces get jammed in there. Torched the guard off to get at the valve and pump the fluid out, and after the bead was unseated, we used a small boom crane and chain to peel the tires off the rims.

Putting the new tires back on was the easy part! And no fluid either!
A few days I’ll never forget.

MasterMind has it right. Take it to a tire shop the first time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took it to a local shop and they swapped it for $47.50. As little as I have to change rear tires I think that is money well spent. I'll probably change the front tires when the time comes though.