Roadfxr

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@RI Chevy. Very very nice splitting axe balance is incredible. I believe the head is 2 lbs lighter then my Stihl splitting axe. 3.5 vs 5.5 lbs My Stihl splitting axe almost reminds me more of a maul then an axe. Obviously the Stihl hits harder just because of the weight advantage but the gb has more pop to it when your striking. That being said there’s not much to not like about the gb. Handles on both are 31gb and 31.5 Stihl. I’m 6’3 and my only complaint is the handle length. I’d give anything to have a 36” handle on either one of them. If I had to pick between the 2 of them I’d take the gb any day. But that’s just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you @Roadfxr

Brian, @junkman I like that HB Arvika Ax, but it looks to much like an regular ax. I am a very heavy striker, and I get the feeling that I would brake that handle. And the Ax head looks a tad bit narrow. But I do like it.
If I had to pick a Gransfors Bruk, I would probably choose the splitting maul, and then take a bit off the tail end with a metal chop saw. I would like to pull the trigger on the Splitting Ax, but I am not sure about that 3.5 lb head. I wish it was 4 or 4.5 lbs. And I also wish the handle was 36", not 31.
Oh well, decisions, decisions, decisions. Lol

junkman

Crush it
Local time
6:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you @Roadfxr

Brian, @junkman I like that HB Arvika Ax, but it looks to much like an regular ax. I am a very heavy striker, and I get the feeling that I would brake that handle. And the Ax head looks a tad bit narrow. But I do like it.
If I had to pick a Gransfors Bruk, I would probably choose the splitting maul, and then take a bit off the tail end with a metal chop saw. I would like to pull the trigger on the Splitting Ax, but I am not sure about that 3.5 lb head. I wish it was 4 or 4.5 lbs. And I also wish the handle was 36", not 31.
Oh well, decisions, decisions, decisions. Lol
The arvika is 4.5 lbs,in strait grained wood its plenty of weight to split with,if knotty grab a mall or hydro splitter

Roadfxr

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These GB axes rock. I have only used the splitting ax so far. It hits extremely hard. Splits most straight grained rounds easily. And it is light enough that you can swing it all day.