Best carburetor to run on a ms660 walbro wj-76 or tillastion

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a 064 which has the wj-76 and my ms660 I put the tillastion carburetor on it did some polishing in the bore of the carb runs pretty good but I just wanted to here from you guys on what carb you prefer granted my saw's are all ported and that's how I like them. Lol

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welcome to the forum mg. I really like tillys but i feel like the walbros are just as good in this application.
Thank you and I've been tempted to switch my carbs from both saw's and just see if ether one would act any different or not for some reason I have kept myself from doing it for some reason. Lol

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Always double check the metering diaphragms when you notice that hook on the little contact nub. They can bottom out before the lever is fully depressed. When I see them hit button, and the flat part still teeters, I'll nip them off and file the burr smooth.

I'm running the WJ-69 on my pipe saw. I'm very happy with it. One thing about the 1122 carbs is they take to modifications quite well and I'd venture to say it would be a good model for a beginner to practice modding. Only I'd recommend a Chinese clone to start.

Last edited:

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
9:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know much about either one, but just curious -- What's different that you like about the Tillotsons and not so much about the Walbros?

Tillotsons seem to be more Definate on tuning. No carb expert here but I’d say the Tillys are more simplified with the internal passages

BuckthornBonnie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any opinion about the bing carbs that came on these saws?
Very good carbs that tune nicely. The kits are NLA and are tricky to get from the aftermarket. The AF base does not utilize a compensator hole (made only for Bing carb models) so that would need to be plugged up on some saws (no biggie).

I have two 064s with Bings and one with a Walbro. I wouldn’t spend too much just to get a Bing... those $40 Walbros are pretty dang good for the price.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The bing kits were still available from Stihl last time I checked. They quoted me something like $65 to order one in.

The kit for the Bing on the 038 Mag. II is still available but I have had three different dealers tell be the kit for the Bing on the 064 is NLA. If you can still get them Jim I would be interested in a few.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The kit for the Bing on the 038 Mag. II is still available but I have had three different dealers tell be the kit for the Bing on the 064 is NLA. If you can still get them Jim I would be interested in a few.
All I remember is I was looking for a bing 48 kit.