High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Be careful out there!

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
One of my best friends lost his thumb today in a farm accident. They were able to reattach most of it, they had to fuse it and he no longer has a knuckle.

So to all of you be careful, watch what you are doing and when able take precautions. None of us know how long we get on this earth, but we sure can give ourselves every opportunity to stay a little longer.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
2:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry to hear about this. Loosing a finger sucks, no doubt but loosing a thumb....

When I was a kid one of the old farmers in the area lost his thumb. The doctors couldn't save it. The doctors eventually removed one of his toes and attached it in place of his missing thumb. His hand looked kinda funny and he walked with a limp but at least he could pick up a fork again.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shew I think ima leave this thread. Old man down the street had both legs torn off w a corn head he bailed off during a combine fire. Straddled a corn snout. Ima guess you can figure out the rest

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah,I know a few that will give you chills.

redoakneck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Old man bush hogging welded seat back on, weld failed, fell off right in front of bush hog while running....

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's no fun not having a working thumb. I cut most of mine off with a miter saw. They reattached it but I have no movement. Just be careful out there, it happens very fast.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the best timber cutters I know had a limb snap back it was hidden in undergrowth it ripped his scalp from above his eyebrows to the top of his head he is fine now 30 years experience and it still can happen.

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Had a neighbor down the rd lose his legs I'm a chopper accident. The stalks were bunched up and he got out to kick them in and didn't shut the head off first. Got one leg caught, tried to use the other to get himself free and in the panic got the other hung.

Another guy down the rd lost both arms to a hay baler.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There was a guy not to far growing up that got his shirt cought it ran him through the bailer.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Be as careful as you can and keep you fingers crossed. I think we have all flirted with danger and are lucky if we don't get caught.

Using, and fixing farm equipment is especially dangerous, as is logging.

A cousin of mine got crushed when the skidder flipped and the seat belt did not hold. He had repaired a lot of that skidder, but likely never though of replacing that belt.

dave53223

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A friend form work got his pant leg caught in the drive belt with the engine running.brute iii internal.jpg