base delete queations

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
11:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my day a queat was synonymous with a pussyfart or quiffe in some dialects. A Queatione was somebody with fast enough reflexes and with a desire to, who could quiffe one in a bathtub and bite the bubble before it expired on its own. Soap may help but that is an unspoken rule or more of a guideline.

Please expand my mind a little,,, I’m finding it hard to picture what your dialect means..;)

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You're not changing the port timing enough to worry about it.
A delete is just an easy way to increase the trapped compression .The only numbers I can remember is an 038 Magnum which changes the exhaust from about 101 after by maybe 2 more degrees added .It also raises the intake by a few degrees which in theory might increase the crankcase vollume a RCH .It will make a slight better power with nothing else done .
All I can say is try it .If it doesn't work put the gasket back in .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okay an example .Happened maybe 10-12 years ago at a GTG in Ohio .I forget what brand and model of the saw but it had a partly gutted muffler .They pulled the gasket and smeared something on it and ran it in a couple cuts in a poplar cant .It ran a better time .Then they popped it apart and Big Dave got into it with a die grinder .Never measured a thing ,back together and that woke it up big time .
In all this we had got done running the saws and were chewing the fat drinking beer .I will not under any circumstances use power equipment and wet my whistle at the same time .Big Dave BTW came by his handle honestly .Big guy and 68 years old at that time .His pinky finger was bigger than my thumb . I learned lot from that guy .old school .

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not worth the time John, I did a 353 up, cut the squish, used a pop up, cut the base, ported it, still doesn't run close to my ported 346s, should have just bought a 346 kit. IMO the lowers just kill the power.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not worth the time John, I did a 353 up, cut the squish, used a pop up, cut the base, ported it, still doesn't run close to my ported 346s, should have just bought a 346 kit. IMO the lowers just kill the power.
The 346 cylinder kit is so cheap it’s almost a no brainer really. Your starting out with something better that way. I always hear people say the 353 has more torque. I think that’s not really true after running both modded. 346 seems to have an edge overall imo. 350/353 make good firewood saws, but they aren’t quite a 346xp.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've found I like a 1/4" wood working chisel for scraping off paper gaskets.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my day a queat was synonymous with a pussyfart or quiffe in some dialects. A Queatione was somebody with fast enough reflexes and with a desire to, who could quiffe one in a bathtub and bite the bubble before it expired on its own. Soap may help but that is an unspoken rule or more of a guideline.
Some of the funniest chit I ever read
:risas3: