High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Bad Habits

Local time
3:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I never understood how some people in the logging and residential tree business run on nothing but a monster, a candy bar and a pack of cigarettes for a day :facepalm:.

You’ve never been deployed. A bag of redman, a pack of Marbs, a can of Sanka, a package of beef jerky and water will keep you going for a 2-3 day patrol.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
7:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks. I’m assuming they just plug into regular 2-way radios most likely?
Walker's Saw Shop has been working side by side with WCB for the last 25 yrs over muffler mods so they are modifying the Husquava muff at the shop. I was told 10 yrs ago that you could just go to then radio shack and buy the speaker for about $4.50
Anyway his are hardwired with a 2.5 mm earphone jack like that of the picture. Peltor muffs plug into the bottom with a 3.5mm male jacks on eack end so you need a radio or Mic to fit that. Seems hard to find a 3.5 mm x 2.5mm cord when you need it You have to find out what yours takes. All Kenwood & Icon are 2.5mm. I would just buy a nice new programmable that takes 2.5mm.
You can set the muff up for both or what I ended up with was one of each hardwired that I could soilder in if my radio or Mic had problems and a loaner was offered that wasn't compatible to my headset

Last edited:

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@~WBF
Are you guys having to wear the radio style ear muffs over in Europe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Walker's Saw Shop has been working side by side with WCB for the last 25 yrs over muffler mods so they are modifying the Husquava muff at the shop. I was told 10 yrs ago that you could just go to then radio shack and buy the speaker for about $4.50
Anyway his are hardwired with a 2.5 mm earphone jack like that of the picture. Peltor muffs plug into the bottom with a 3.5mm male jacks on eack end so you need a radio or Mic to fit that. Seems hard to find a 3.5 mm x 2.5mm cord when you need it You have to find out what yours takes. All Kenwood & Icon are 2.5mm. I would just buy a nice new programmable that takes 2.5mm.
You can set the muff up for both or what I ended up with was one of each hardwired that I could soilder in if my radio or Mic had problems and a loaner was offered that wasn't compatible to my mic
Thanks for the info. I’ll take a look in town here soon.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
7:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
@~WBF
Are you guys having to wear the radio style ear muffs over in Europe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There is no man check system in place. I was talking about having basic walkie talkies. I was hired to cut turn-key but this contract is day rate because it's selective commercial harvest.
They were coming back up to the trucks for breaks so when I wanted to go back cutting because I was board of humping the pooch,, then they said I wasn't to be cutting by myself. It was 150 yards down a hill when they can all hear my saw clear at the top corner of the block. Nobody was even in the truck Apparently it's safer without a man check system with ear muff and all saws running? Even B.C. has 10 minutes max walk to the closest cutter. So I said having truck breaks together is not happening when we go on piece work. If these are the rules then everyone takes their backpack in the bush.

Last edited: