Bad Habits

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
4:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Heath how well do those helmets take a hit? I know a tin hat or a skull bucket can the last hit I took knocked my out and a couple of fillings out of my teeth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Protos big thing is it is supposedly side impact rated & the only one on the market that is.

The norm is most PPE should be discarded after a major event.

That being said plastic is going to crack where aluminum might not necessarily- on a lid though I believe you’re better off replacing than risking it after something serious happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What brand?

2511960fc57c0c08004a42261f31f0de.jpg

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didnt know poppin faces was a bad habit! Mine is switching hands while full throttle. Pretty sure i broke my thumb a month ago.

According to a member here that sells a certain kind of bar you will never see anyone do that, only a logger would do something that stupid.

Shanesaw80

Tree Assassin
Local time
2:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not yet. We use the hard hats with screens and earmuffs. I’ve been trying to find what the Canadian cutters are using. They use the same hard hats except they have the radio plumbed in. It must be something they are doing afterwards. Sometimes it’s hard to hear the radio, especially with the dual ports and so on. It would be nice if it was built into the muffs to hear it better.

There are a few stores in BC that sell the In-Ear radio earmuffs. I know Walkers Saw shop sells them and a few others, around $150 cnd so $115 usd. I can call around if you want a set, just let me know.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There are a few stores in BC that sell the In-Ear radio earmuffs. I know Walkers Saw shop sells them and a few others, around $150 cnd so $115 usd. I can call around if you want a set, just let me know.
Thanks. I’m assuming they just plug into regular 2-way radios most likely?

Shanesaw80

Tree Assassin
Local time
2:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. I’m assuming they just plug into regular 2-way radios most likely?

Ya they just plug in, no special radio required. I have a old set at home somewhere that I’ll grab pics of but it’ll be a little while, I’m in the middle of nowhere in northern BC running a seismic cutting job at the moment. Should be home in 2-3 weeks I’m thinking.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Here’s an idea what about a set of Bluetooth ear buds?

I’ve thought about that as well. My thought was maybe something that was just plug and play would just be a little simpler. I do know a cutter who uses Bluetooth earplugs. He is listening to music however.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ya they just plug in, no special radio required. I have a old set at home somewhere that I’ll grab pics of but it’ll be a little while, I’m in the middle of nowhere in northern BC running a seismic cutting job at the moment. Should be home in 2-3 weeks I’m thinking.
Copy, that sounds pretty simple. There’s got to be something like that around here or online. I’ll have to look a little harder.