High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Backhoe Attachments

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
7:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I've been recently looking at backhoe attachments for my tractor. I need one with a pto pump and class 1 hitch. My old Deutz Allis 5230 is 32hp and from whatni read had a weak bell housing so a sub frame mount is desired but I'm not going to get my hopes up that I can find a sub frame, I'll like have to make my own. My question is, does anyone own a off name brand hoe? Any I shouuld steer clear from? I don't want to spend 6k for one that I have to build a sub frame for.

Here's one I was looking at.
https://www.sdideals.com/collection...ts/pto-backhoe-farm-tractor-attachment-bh6600

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a kelly on a NH1920 with a pto pump. Did a lot of work with it. I just hated constantly jumping back and forth to move the machine while digging. I guess it depends what you will use it for. Now I have a mini ex and I’ll never buy a backhoe again. Love that thing!
But the unit itself worked well and held up for what it was.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If I'm going to spend 4-5k on am attachment I think I'm going to considers buying a ditch witch. Hopefully one with the backhoe and a trencher on it. I need to trench about 1500' between electrical service install, field tile and water main. The field tile is 4" so I need a fairly good size trencher. (My soil is sandy loam!) If I could get one for less than 8k I would probably pull the trigger. I wont be able to buy a mini or a newish backhoe for that money. There are some big trenchers out there between 8-10k but at that price I'm back to considering selling my tractor and getting a newer tractor with the hoe attachment.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I'm going to spend 4-5k on am attachment I think I'm going to considers buying a ditch witch. Hopefully one with the backhoe and a trencher on it. I need to trench about 1500' between electrical service install, field tile and water main. The field tile is 4" so I need a fairly good size trencher. (My soil is sandy loam!) If I could get one for less than 8k I would probably pull the trigger. I wont be able to buy a mini or a newish backhoe for that money. There are some big trenchers out there between 8-10k but at that price I'm back to considering selling my tractor and getting a newer tractor with the hoe attachment.
Why not put the back hoe on your Ford? Also, if your soil is sandy loam do you think you’d really stress the rear end of your other tractor enough to break it? Not familiar with the tractor you said has a weak diff housing but just a thought on the ease of digging compared to the rock filled soil of tug hill.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Why not put the back hoe on your Ford? Also, if your soil is sandy loam do you think you’d really stress the rear end of your other tractor enough to break it? Not familiar with the tractor you said has a weak diff housing but just a thought on the ease of digging compared to the rock filled soil of tug hill.
I don't have a Ford tractor. I think a backhoe is not going to be a good investment at this point so I'm going to pass at this time. My tractor is a mid 80' Deutz Allis 32hp 4x4 conpact. I'd be fatlrther ahead selling it and buying a newerish compact with the backhoe on it. The amount of work I have to to and considering the schedule I want to complete it in doesn't make sense to buy/use a hoe on a tractor. I'll end up renting a larger size mini excavator. My brother an equipment operator and he'll be doing the digging and grading. The driveway I plan to install will be about 1000' and I'll end up with no less than 1000' of field tile for drainage. Soil is sandy loan, emphasis on sandy.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't have a Ford tractor. I think a backhoe is not going to be a good investment at this point so I'm going to pass at this time. My tractor is a mid 80' Deutz Allis 32hp 4x4 conpact. I'd be fatlrther ahead selling it and buying a newerish compact with the backhoe on it. The amount of work I have to to and considering the schedule I want to complete it in doesn't make sense to buy/use a hoe on a tractor. I'll end up renting a larger size mini excavator. My brother an equipment operator and he'll be doing the digging and grading. The driveway I plan to install will be about 1000' and I'll end up with no less than 1000' of field tile for drainage. Soil is sandy loan, emphasis on sandy.
My mistake, I thought you had a ford loader tractor. That’s a big piece of dirt work you’re going to be doing, should be fun.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah, going to be getting a 550 case dozer or larger. Between the stumps and just the scale of the grading it will be put to good use. It helps to have a professional operator in the family. Hes working on the rt 690 project.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, going to be getting a 550 case dozer or larger. Between the stumps and just the scale of the grading it will be put to good use. It helps to have a professional operator in the family. Hes working on the rt 690 project.
Yes it is great to have an operator or two in the family. I could sit in a chair drink beer and watch pros work a grade all day. Very impressive to watch them run a machine. I have a couple cousins that have been operators for 40 years.