autotune free firmware updates

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
1:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
im offering free firmware update on all autotune saws. the older saws can be done without software. just send me a pm if you would like a firmware update. i can also do stihl m tonic, but i will need the who saw.

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
on husqvarna if you want a update you only have to send me your carb not the whole saw on stihl i will have to have the whole saw

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I realize this is an old thread, but can this Autotune program tell if a saw has been ported and is running more efficiently and at higher rpms, with higher temps, etc?

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funny you should ask. First relative to CST, Its not going to have this big banner saying "This Saw Is Modded!", but certain mods tend to effect how autotune tweaks the mixtures to get max RPM's with its "iterative process" of lean out tests and mixture adjustments. Been tracking this now for a while. Hoping to put together some trends to show how typical mods and the autotune's interact. Might surprise some when some of the myths are either confirmed or put into question. With CST, while there may be a somewhat limited set of information available, put together with the saws and their mods seems to point to "trends". :)

Not going to put out my findings until statistically solid. two mods in particular are pretty easy to see to this point, muffler mods and compression increase. Porting is tougher. Port timing...subtle yet demonstrable I think. BUT we will see. Maybe in the summer I will have enough to actually definitively state conclusions. Just takes a LOT of time to tweak, test, and on things where I can reverse the mod test again. On non-reversible changes, I have to put the saw on CST as it evolves, which is a PITA. Have 6 "modded" saws and three essentially stock ones were I've been collecting data. And also the "mix" of mods matters and just confuses the hell out of things...And the one thing that I can say...every saw is an individual. And so many factors can effect the system, its takes a little effort to set up s situation to isolate specific changes in some cases...others? Like muffler tweaks...instant and easy to see.

Oh yeah one last thing. Can't take ONE saw and track its changes and assume others will react exactly the same..and I would caution anyone who does that from making definitive statements derived from one test case....:)

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was more curious if, when hooked up to the mother computer at Hoosqvarna, if they could tell on their end if a saw was modded. By the altered numbers shown on the computer.
Really just curious about big brother watching. LOL

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was more curious if, when hooked up to the mother computer at Hoosqvarna, if they could tell on their end if a saw was modded. By the altered numbers shown on the computer.
Really just curious about big brother watching. LOL

Not really. They aren't looking anyway even if they could. The dealers are the point of contact for that type of thing relative to warranty anyway. Should the dealer see the "altered" numbers, their first though is..are they pointing to a failure of some kind, and after a "fix" strategy is in place, is it something to go through the warranty process. THAT assumes there is a reasonable situation that deserves warranty, customer relations being a driving factor as well. And I can tell you when they dig into a saw and find it modified, warranty isn't happening. That has nothing to do with the mother ship spying on their customers. They aren't the NSA! It has everything to do with the dealer using common sense. And some modifications do push the mixture numbers into places that would signal component failure on a stock saw.

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK.. Cool. Thank you sir.

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 562XP is a 2015 model, it has an el46 carb. I've never had any problems with it, including the hot start issues that caused the el48 carb update and the cutouts in the plastic hood.

I'm curious if updating is useful. Any info on the firmware updates, like notes on what is changed?