Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking at the Full House loop I see that a grinder featuring a push arm like the FP1000 would have trouble getting the arm properly behind the tooth, but other than that it shouldn't be much of a problem.

A Full House chain might require a grinder that utilizes the drive links to advance the cutters.

For reference, this is a Full House chain, as many teeth as drive links.

IMAG0371.jpg

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
5:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see that a grinder featuring a push arm like the FP1000 would have trouble getting the arm properly behind the tooth . . .
Well, somebody should have thought of that before having a loop custom made! (NOTE: I edited in a larger resolution photo of 1/4" full house chain, in my previous post).

Since the chain sits on a round base on the FP1000, there might be space for the advancing pawl? Not sure if I have any to test.

Phlbert

GunTemco

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Justin, our engineer, answered the following:

1. 1/4" standard full comp will work fine on the FP1000.

2. We're not sure about the full house chain, to be honest. Based on the design, we're going to guess that it won't work - the left-right prox sensor will probably get confused, and the advance arm might be limited. This sort of specialty chain is not something we personally tried out in R&D.

GunTemco

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's where guys like us come in!

Thanks for the quick replies.

Awesome!

I've made it a habit to check this thread every day. I also browse the forums now, just to see what else you guys are talking about here. My favorite is the "Saw video thread." The videos are very satisfying to watch.

GunTemco

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey guys, I got some good news I want to make everyone aware of:

I may now reveal that our resin bonded CBN wheels have passed the R&D stage. We got all the tolerances where we want them - any wheel construction misalignment, radially or axially, would cause the machine to vibrate. We also had to solve a laundry list of other problems in order to get this right.

Long story short, the CBN wheels (barring any hiccups of course) should be ready for sale around the end of February, early March!

GunTemco

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@Philbert Can you please change the title to correctly display our company name as TEMCo and not TEMPCo?

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
6:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Philbert. So what ever became of this thing? Did you like it or was something like a regular Oregon a better solution to grinding chain? I still have a crappy harbor freight grinder to true my angles up or if I bust a rock

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
5:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bump

The Temco FP100 is back to $349, with standard wheels, on eBay.

The set of 3 CBN wheels is being sold separately on eBay for $115.

Philbert