AUCTION: Rebuilt and Ported Husqvarna 359

Barneyrb

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I won the raffle saw Jimmy is doing to help out with Hurricane Irma victims and I have plenty of saws in this range so I elected to auction off this saw with the monies going to the victims. Whoever wins this saw will NOT pay me but will donate the money to the go fund me account listed in the raffle thread. I am cutting and pasting the video below.

I will start the bidding at $250, I will close this auction Sunday October 15th at 6pm CST.

Any questions on the saw please contact Jimmy as I have never seen this unit.

Last edited:

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very generous doing this and opening offer Randy!

The saw, AM seals, AM bearings that I have run LOTS off in my saws. Currently sporting an out of box Cross top end. It will this week be getting a fully ported, squished By way top end that @Red97 did for me. (I love a ported 357/9) and this was to be for me
.. but better things happen.) Joe ran out of time and mailed the top end needing some final bevel work and such. Visiting my buddy @Termitebuffet one day he offered to do that for me. I told him no rush..

Irma happened, I decided to do the raffle, I picked up a Cross top end from HL just to test the bottom end build.

I have fully split and gone through this saw. It had an AM crank, now an OEM. Walbro HD199 carb. OEM coil, metal band on intake. HL muffler is new... Will mod it when I get the ported top end here.

IF the winner wants BOTH top ends I will send it as it is and a ported top end to go with it we can work that out. I have no issues with the Cross at this time.

Bar and chain pictured is an admittedly worn 72DL K095 Oregon in .058. Chain is 80% but bar is not long for this world. If buyer does not want it I won't bother shipping it. I am low on 3/8 k095 right now or there would be a better one on it.

Any questions please ask. I will try to get some more pictures this afternoon if I have some time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will do. For sanity sake I will try to keep all bids at least updated to this thread.

rjames

The clean beaver gets the wood
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Barneyrb

Very good of you to do this. Well done sir.

As for Jimmy not showing you his unit, ask him nicely he'd probably oblige.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Barneyrb

Very good of you to do this. Well done sir.

As for Jimmy not showing you his unit, ask him nicely he'd probably oblige.
Ohh Ill show it...there were quite a few pictures in the original raffle thread too.

Walbro 199 carb, OEM crank, OEM coil, new muffler... all shown.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If anyone wants any specific pictures let me know. Also if you look up JoeRed97 and his videos of 357/9 saws you will know this is no slouch.

Randy... maybe we should push this a week. Termite is a little backed up and hopefully another week will allow me to get a video of the ported top end on it in the wood.. just a thought.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok...bump and a shout to a heck of a good guy.

Cole was both a winner AND he bought the raffled off 359. He has great patience...

It took a bit for me to be able to get down and see Termitebuffet. Once I got the jug I then had to find time. In between time and raffle, Cole came to visit the greater Raleigh NC area and came to my house. He got to meet my 3 year old, her my infant, and wander arround the shop for a bit. You truly cannot ask to meet a nicer person.

Holiday time was coming and work and family were wide open. I planned on swapping jugs during holiday shut down, but it never happened. Sickness rolled from kids to parents and all around (when a 3 year old doesnt want to open Christmas presents...they are really sick!) I finally scheduled 3 days off to build a few saws while the kids were in daycare and wife at work. Life happened again and we were blesses with a "NC Blizzard." I did manage to build a 9010 that had been waiting since May and swap jugs on the 359. Then I was out of muffler deflectors.. damn! Luckily JoeRed97 was home and he quickly got them out. Ofcourse then I had some tuning issues... off the top comes again and in my haste I mucked up the intake impulse nipple. Grab another I had and a few other small tweaks and it was boxed.

Overall it just arrived to Cole last week. I failed and he has been more than understanding. I told him next time he is in town dinner is on me.

I have few final pics but possibly Cole can post a few if anyone wants them.

My buddy and his wife have a new floor plan, contractor selected, way more insurance knowledge than anyone wants, and a new baby girl this week. Both Phil and his parents always mention the gratitude of the chainsaw community. Again thank you to all that helped.

Few pics I have...
776f39b9e193778f56a95a068f06027b.jpg
cb1018371440ab8cddc95c4787a503f4.jpg
c6badf0c5222cbc5ed79d0190d89c875.jpg
09e791bf13558253ad1da236e4b76ae1.jpg
a000b19d922efe45bdfb6b61fc2be7c4.jpg
94e547b098e057f4cdc10d72218f6bad.jpg

Armbru84

Just trying to get by
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok...bump and a shout to a heck of a good guy.

Cole was both a winner AND he bought the raffled off 359. He has great patience...

It took a bit for me to be able to get down and see Termitebuffet. Once I got the jug I then had to find time. In between time and raffle, Cole came to visit the greater Raleigh NC area and came to my house. He got to meet my 3 year old, her my infant, and wander arround the shop for a bit. You truly cannot ask to meet a nicer person.

Holiday time was coming and work and family were wide open. I planned on swapping jugs during holiday shut down, but it never happened. Sickness rolled from kids to parents and all around (when a 3 year old doesnt want to open Christmas presents...they are really sick!) I finally scheduled 3 days off to build a few saws while the kids were in daycare and wife at work. Life happened again and we were blesses with a "NC Blizzard." I did manage to build a 9010 that had been waiting since May and swap jugs on the 359. Then I was out of muffler deflectors.. damn! Luckily JoeRed97 was home and he quickly got them out. Ofcourse then I had some tuning issues... off the top comes again and in my haste I mucked up the intake impulse nipple. Grab another I had and a few other small tweaks and it was boxed.

Overall it just arrived to Cole last week. I failed and he has been more than understanding. I told him next time he is in town dinner is on me.

I have few final pics but possibly Cole can post a few if anyone wants them.

My buddy and his wife have a new floor plan, contractor selected, way more insurance knowledge than anyone wants, and a new baby girl this week. Both Phil and his parents always mention the gratitude of the chainsaw community. Again thank you to all that helped.

Few pics I have...
776f39b9e193778f56a95a068f06027b.jpg
cb1018371440ab8cddc95c4787a503f4.jpg
c6badf0c5222cbc5ed79d0190d89c875.jpg
09e791bf13558253ad1da236e4b76ae1.jpg
a000b19d922efe45bdfb6b61fc2be7c4.jpg
94e547b098e057f4cdc10d72218f6bad.jpg

Thanks man. For those who haven’t dealt with Jimmy...he is a stand up guy as well. Was cool to be able to stop by and see his setup as well. Talk saws etc. his boy went round and round the yard on his John Deere tractor which was cool as well!

Ran the saw last week and she rips. Bucked up some firewood with a 20” on it. Will get a vid tomorrow if it’s nice out!!!

All in all glad they are on the road back to normal.

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks to both of you. I just do what I do and it all works out. Glad it is finally there and hope it serves you well. 60cc is growing to be my favorite size saw.
Yes he is. I’ve had one dealing with @Jimmy in NC and it was enough for me to know he’s a solid dude. Sharpens a good chain too!
Just came in from 5 loops. Chain is therapy for me when I have time. Cole will tell you the good grinders are buried right now....