Atv Tire repair

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
8:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a stick jamed inbetween tire and rim causing a leak.
I had a heck of a time getting the bead to break and in the process kinda damaged the bead area. Im wondering about any methods to make it seal befor i reseat it. Was thinkin of a bead of rtv sealant or something and as last resort i guess a tire tube.

Anyone else have any ideas to try?

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only thing im woried about the tubes would be puncturing the tire. Its my wood getter in the woods. I just pulled a peace of wire fence out of the other tire. With a tube id have to unmount tire evertime something puntured it.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will the slime work in a tube if i get a small punture?

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tubes are your best bet at no leaks.... That said, I'd put a finger full of silicone on the spot when I mounted it and slime it.

I'd do this.

Another benefit of slime is it makes the holes that need to be plugged easier to find. I've even used a bolt to plug a stob hole that was to big for a plug on a slimed atv tire. Held air just fine.

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'd do this.

Another benefit of slime is it makes the holes that need to be plugged easier to find. I've even used a bolt to plug a stob hole that was to big for a plug on a slimed atv tire. Held air just fine.
Me too. With a nut on it. I called it traction. ;)

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well i tried the rtv silicone. That crap spashed all over when it popped into place.
I let all the air out. Gonna let it.set for half hour or so tjen put a couple pounds in and top ot up tomorrow after work and check for leaks

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
An atv tube is abput 40 bucks here with no slime. Id hate to see the price with slime

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There a *b-word to break down.we used to put a 2/6 on rim and dr.up it with a cehicle to break em down.then use tire lube from a comm.tire store whwn airing back up to seat bead.and rake off as it filked back up.made easier for next tire break down too.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There a *b-word to break down.we used to put a 2/6 on rim and dr.up it with a cehicle to break em down.then use tire lube from a comm.tire store whwn airing back up to seat bead.and rake off as it filked back up.made easier for next tire break down too.
At first i tried the dride.on with 2x6. The i built a tire bead breaker. Then tried the high lift jack under the bumper of rv. Then i looked to you tube and discovered the bead buster. Built one and thats the beast that got it off. Checknthem out on youtube they work ausome.
fe9aeb9cddfaeafcd39372f45dd191df.jpg

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
At first i tried the dride.on with 2x6. The i built a tire bead breaker. Then tried the high lift jack under the bumper of rv. Then i looked to you tube and discovered the bead buster. Built one and thats the beast that got it off. Checknthem out on youtube they work ausome.
fe9aeb9cddfaeafcd39372f45dd191df.jpg

You got your ass kicked

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sure did lol. But i won in the end.

Thats like first i had to change tire on wifes audi the jack gos up afainst univody and jack down.you dont put it on ground and jack up.i was scraping my knuckles wondering wtf.i had to watch a you tube video.