Atv regulator

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
11:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's fun trying to find the correct parts for those Chinese made atvs. Took me two weeks to find the correct stator and cover. Guy said his son was riding and it threw the chain. Wrecked the cover and pickup mount, part of the stator bracket, part of the stator. First time I've ever pulled a stator and oil dumped out. Crank seal is pressed into stator assy..

Steve Sidwell on Tapatalk
Ya and the dam parts seem to be very pricey and hard to get. I did finally find a supplier over here but still very pricy.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

066 redeye

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put a second hand reg on dad's Suzuki
ATV.
I wasn't a Suzuki reg just had the same plug as his.
All worked ok.

S Sidwell

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No sure on reg.
Where it plugs into the stator test any 2 yellow wires( on stator plug) e.g. 1-2,2-3,3-1.
Should be about .5 to 1 ohm. Then test yellow wires to ground should be open circuit.
If all tests ok I would suspect reg.
Put up pic of your stator and reg plug.
You are correct, my bad. I had to go back to my Harley manual to get a refresher. Been a while since I had to monkey with one.

S Sidwell

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That thang should work. You've got power, ground and the three legs. May have to splice the connectors on unless the terminals are the same. Then just unlock terminal and switch.

maisl

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
<So another question will any 3 phase five wire regulator work…>

Yes it will; ideally pick one with equal or greater power handling (watts) but that's impossible to tell by physical size, since many 250W+ ones are same as older 100W.

Some have 6 wires, the odd one (not three yellow or white; & not the red & earth) is for voltage sensing & needs to be connected to something live with ignition on.

Chinese stuff to match (ok, my exp is with motorcycles, but anyway) is nearly always cheap 'somewhere'… but can be time consuming to find that place.

The one you pictured on ebay should work fine if wired in correctly, assuming the atv uses a 'standard' 3-phase setup.