High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Are the "Chainsaw courses" in USA/Oregon?

Are you interested in Chainsaw courses

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

sfg.Foley

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi,

I like to know if there is some kind of chainsaw courses where you learn how to use the saw, felling and limbing threes in the USA, specially in Oregon?

Do you guys think that pro's and also weekend warriors are interested in those courses?

Thank you

lg

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think there may be just as many, if not more, people who think operating a chainsaw is common sense, and wouldn't want to look stupid going to a class, as there are people who would like to.

I think I would like a course on operating them if it goes in depth with all practical techniques and offers reasonably safe ways to practice, so a person can get feedback on what they are and are not doing wrong. I certainly could use practice and advice on reaming. I'm getting better at it, but still am not very good.

I learned much self taught, and much more better techniques from watching Beranek's Working Climber DVDs

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Being out in Oregon I doubt you’re going to get the fallers in one of these classes especially if it is a GOL class we don’t do the stump dancing out here it will get you killed and killed fast. If anything was to be required I’d rather see something like BC has, a lot more of that translates down the coast. When you say weekend warrior are you talking firewood cutters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk