High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Arbortec 660

NCFarmboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Put the crank in the case using Mattyo tool. I had just bought every Husky crank install tool still available. After using Matts tool don't know if I will use the Husky tools.
Now for the post. You know when that little voice tells you something you best listen. voice said go to your Dolmar parts can and get some good M5 x 20mm screws to bolt crankcase together. I got the can out looked in it had about 25 or so. Got out Snapon in lb/nm torque wrench to torque case screws. Said to self these chicom screws will be OK. I always start @ 5nm then 7nm then 10nm. I know spec is 12nm. Well got to 7nm and again told self this screw doesn't feel right. Kept tightening still @ 7nm and snap the head broke off. I'm not going to split it to get screw out if it will pass p/vac test. Still Po'd I didn't listen to The Voice. I've been pulling wrenches for 56 years and I know better. End of rant!
Having read most of the Chicom660 posts the only screw problem I read of was M6 for cyl screws head broke off.
My Farmertec cyl actually looks pretty good overall does need cleanup and chamfer.
Did get another kit from @Gentleman yesterday hope the MMWS Cross PC is better than what I've been seeing.
Shep

NCFarmboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I live in an apartment in my barn (40x100) metal building. 40x25 for saw shop, 40x25 apartment, 50x25 storage rtv900, d2500 diesel quad cad, saw parts, Craftsman/Atlas 12x36 lathe, wood working equipment, etc. Added on a 16x40 for saw storage, dining room, laid out my 660 kit on dining table couple weeks ago. Decided to put it together last week had parts missing that I laid out on the table. Av mounts, op suction hose, spare fuel line, carb adj. grommet, etc. all rubber parts. Dang pack rat had gotten in there and was stealing parts. Caught him in a live trap so I could kill him slowly for stealing! Did find one av mt and op drive on another table where he had carried them.
Got it together except for cyl. Going to clean it up probably tomorrow. Just going to widen ex. & int. gasketless w/Farmertec cyl.
Shep

NCFarmboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
May have a change of plans bought a Raisman PC from @fordf150. Should be here I hope tomorrow. Weighed FarmerTec/Cross pistons and Hyway piston on gram scale. Will weigh Raisman and post results. Like the thicker skirts on the Hyway over the FT/Cross but it is heavier. Blended lowers on MMWS/Cross and 2/3 of lowers on a FT cyl. Got lots of grinding to do before I decide on which PC. I'm thinking MMWS/Cross on one and Raisman ? on the other one.
Shep

NCFarmboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Raisman PC didn't come in I was sure it would be here by Friday.
On the pistons:
Cross/FT 83.3 gr. had real bad casting flash in one window weight is after cleaning up flash
Arbor/FT 84.3 gr.
Hyway 92.2 gr. had to relieve skirt to clear crank throws, final wt. after diet in the windows 90.2 gr., has thicker skirts than FT pistons.
Mounted it w/used OEM 066 wristpin & bearing. Decided not to do any more grinding on Cross cyl. going to run it as is on a wait and see plan. Did cleanup bevels in all ports. Checking squish in the AM. Hope it's around .015+ like others have been.
Shep

Last edited:

NCFarmboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Got the Cross cyl. saw together. Squish .022 no gasket. Waiting on 2-24" bars & Raisman cyl. kit to come in from @fordf150. Said it would go out FedEx today w/favor I'll get it Monday or Tuesday. Almost forgot 8 pin rim for both saws. 2nd saw is together except for cyl.
Shep

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Got the Cross cyl. saw together. Squish .022 no gasket. Waiting on 2-24" bars & Raisman cyl. kit to come in from @fordf150. Said it would go out FedEx today w/favor I'll get it Monday or Tuesday. Almost forgot 8 pin rim for both saws. 2nd saw is together except for cyl.
Shep
its going out monday.....chased parts all day, I didnt realize just how long it would take to chase down 200 misc screws and little pieces i had scattered about for ya. While your here.....i marked the box where the gaskets are....they are in between the layers of cardboard so open the box then look between the 2 boxes for the case gasket. figured that was a perfect place to stash it so it stayed nice and flat

AS 005.jpg