High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Anyone sharpen Stihl RSLF chain for members?

ccronin

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I usually cut dirty wood so it is really not worth my time to learn to square file. I am pretty damn good with a round file so I am not a slacker. Lol. Anyway, I have 3 84dl and 3 72dl RSLF chains I have been using on some rare for me clean hickory this week and they need a little sharpening. These were new in the box Saturday and I have cut about 10 cords this week. I have no more clean woods but I sure would like these sharp and ready to go next time I find clean wood. I would be happy to ship these to anyone willing to sharpen them for me. I have not paid to have a chain sharpened in years but these make me happy when I have the wood to run them in. They are 3/8 .050 by the way. Any reasonable price works for me. I have checked the Stihl dealers here in Atlanta and they don't square grind. Thanks.

ccronin

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks! I will reach out to him.

rjames

The clean beaver gets the wood
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Says the guy that square filed the nastiest chain I've ever cut with lol
I know you don't "file for hire" just made me laugh kev.
Kinda like when I call someone a dum dum...oh the irony
Jasha does great grinding work, speedy too, @Tree Sling'r

rjames

The clean beaver gets the wood
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Noodled some clean rounds with it. Every one had a gouge line from the spike, had to be careful not to stand them up when first digging in lol. After the third round I took it off cuz I didn't want to dull it.
Screenshot_2016-08-27-11-33-14.png

My dad was standing by and said he couldn't believe the giant chips/noodles flying out.

Needless to say the chain is back on its nail waiting for another special occasion. If I ever put a file to it it'll be ruined lol

Thanks again, it's a nice one.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Needless to say the chain is back on its nail waiting for another special occasion. If I ever put a file to it it'll be ruined lol

Thanks again, it's a nice one.
T'was my pleasure !

A few swipes should sharpen her easily, send her to Lond Island when your ready