High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Anyone directly compared the new 462 to the new 572 yet?

Armbru84

Just trying to get by
Local time
7:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have ran 4-5 tanks through that saw and i have been more than happy with it. Starts on first or second pull even when cold, handles like a dream, has good torque and power. Sure it’s not a ported 372...but when compared to other stockers I was happy. Wonder if it was the setup that was on the saw or something else. Odd.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
To me they weigh about the same as a 390 but lack in power compared, I am used to ported saws, so I will openly admit that, for me best bang for the buck is still with the Makita 7900 in that class. Just my opinion though, I really wished they would use a walbro based system like the 550 instead of Zama like the 562s, seems odd since Stihl owns Zama and the 562 has more issues then the 550s.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The one I ran in ct wasn’t much behind ported 372xpw’s we compared it to. Quite a bit smoother and a wider powerband than a 372 as well.

Last edited:

Armbru84

Just trying to get by
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To me they weigh about the same as a 390 but lack in power compared, I am used to ported saws, so I will openly admit that, for me best bang for the buck is still with the Makita 7900 in that class. Just my opinion though, I really wished they would use a walbro based system like the 550 instead of Zama like the 562s, seems odd since Stihl owns Zama and the 562 has more issues then the 550s.

It is hard when used to running crazy strong saws all the time. Stockers feel way different. Be interested to see it ported.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
2:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

With the EL46 issues left out, the Zama carb EL48, for example, seems like a better built carb to me than the Walbro on the 550. I've got both of them to compare side-by-side (out of the saw). The quality of production (both being Made in China carbs) appears to lean toward the EL48, IMO. Fit, finish and hardware all seem of lower quality on the Walbro.

Albeit, this is my opinion of these two AT carbs in particular, as I have other Walbro carbs that are great.

Haven't ran the 462, but the 572 is a beastly saw in terms of weight; however, it still feels good in the hand and agile. I made a couple of cuts with it, and I liked it, but I wasn't ready to "sell the farm" to get one. I'll keep my 7910 and 562XP--they handle everything I throw at them with ease.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have ran 4-5 tanks through that saw and i have been more than happy with it. Starts on first or second pull even when cold, handles like a dream, has good torque and power. Sure it’s not a ported 372...but when compared to other stockers I was happy. Wonder if it was the setup that was on the saw or something else. Odd.
Had a 28" with new out of the box chain. I know it's not a ported saw but didn't seem impressive to me. Maybe if I had a stock 372 next to it then it would change my mind I dunno.

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I made a few cuts with it at the gtg right after Randy put a brand new chain on it. I would have used it some more but I didn't want to be a saw hog. I think it was a 2' or there about bar with Oregon LGX or husky variant chain (full chisel, round ground). I really liked the way it felt in my hands. I didn't think it felt heavy like others have said but, I was pretty underwhelmed with it's performance. Seemed kinda sluggish off idle to me which was odd. My 550/562 accelerate great. To me it did not pull that chain well at all. It bogged very easily. It truthfully felt like something was wrong with it to me.

I had pretty high expectations for it, and I had just run a bunch of ported saws with square ground chains, so that plays a part in my first impression of it, but even watching others run it, it just didn't look right. It seemed like it was struggling a lot with that bar/chain setup. I had a stock 461 with a 2' bar along that I made a few cuts with right afterward for comparison sake and it was a very noticeable difference. Like a stock vs ported difference.

Either way, I certainly appreciate you being so generous and letting randy bring it along for all of us to fondle.