High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Anybody run a 462 head to head with a 7910?

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
3:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Dan sure is, I have a few autotune saws (3) and not a single issue to date yet, but if there is a carb version available, I would just prefer the simplicity of them. JMO. For me the 21xx are still my favorites of the 70cc saws and for under $400.00 there hard to beat stock or ported.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dan sure is, I have a few autotune saws (3) and not a single issue to date yet, but if there is a carb version available, I would just prefer the simplicity of them. JMO. For me the 21xx are still my favorites of the 70cc saws and for under $400.00 there hard to beat stock or ported.
You got some for 400 :).
I like my 7900/7910's, great runners and smooth, that 462 sure is light though.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a feeling the carbed 462 is the last of its kind sadly. Should be collectable some day possibly. Electric carbs and fuel injection obviously the future.
Carbs will go the way of the dodo just like in the auto and motorcycle world. Efi is the way of the future.

LouCi4er

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
KTM struggles with 2 stroke direct injection since 2004.If KTM can't do it,no one can.Only reason they are keeping 2 stroke around is the simplicity,direct injection is quite complex so they can't match together.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
KTM struggles with 2 stroke direct injection since 2004.If KTM can't do it,no one can.Only reason they are keeping 2 stroke around is the simplicity,direct injection is quite complex so they can't match together.
Evinrude outboards (BRP) did it 15+ years ago and subsequently Rotax a few years later when BRP implemented it on sled engines. The system is called "ETEC" on both the outboards and sleds engines. Do a little digging on it, pretty impressive really. It's not that complex or bulky, it won't be long and tech will continue to advance and make DI viable on small stuff like saws. I guarantee it. Not sure what KTM's hang-up is with it (and I like KTM) but BRP has it down pat

Last edited:

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's just part of progression, things are always changing, some like myself don't nessacerily like it but we can't stop it, so sooner or later you gotta try it, just seems a lot of issues yet to me with these saws having been out now for over 6-7 years, the carbs were just easy to swap and cheap to replace in comparison. But we will adapt.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just hope working on saws is not taken out of our hands due to technology. Computers have been in cars now for a couple of decades & are getting pretty complex like to change/remove components the computer need to be put into a 'service' mode etc. But its not all bad, 2stokes to survive will need tech and investment to keep them on the shelves. I buy standard carb saws whenever possible. But I won't reject owning a saw just because its MT/AT. I do own them & they run good.

LouCi4er

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Evinrude outboards (BRP) did it 15+ years ago and subsequently Rotax a few years later when BRP implemented it on sled engines. The system is called "ETEC" on both the outboards and sleds engines. Do a little digging on it, pretty impressive really. It's not that complex or bulky, it won't be long and tech will continue to advance and make DI viable on small stuff like saws. I guarantee it. Not sure what KTM's hang-up is with it (and I like KTM) but BRP has it down pat

I was on my cellphone and couldn't write it like i wanted.Anyway what i wanted to say is that it is difficult to build small 2 stroke direct injection.What Bombardier did with their outboard engines is way complex,heavy,expensive and unreliable to put in a dirt bike,lubrication is the biggest problem of all.Yamaha did something similar and their engine was unreliable.What Stihl did is as far as things will go for 2 stroke ope.KTM uses something similar,the TPI system (Tranfer Port Injection).KTM is the first manufacturer who built 2 stroke fuel injected bikes and the bikes with this system have a ton of problems.Now watch this videos and tell me how could this be possible to be adapted to a small ope engine:

Also can you show me where Evinrude built a 2 stroke direct injection engine 15+ years ago?No ideas,actual product on mass production.

Benjo

Some Guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag