Anybody quit/quitting smoking?

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I quit several years ago. Just got tired of it. Like has been said.....you have to really want to quit.

For those that feel they "need" to, or that they "should", but don't really want to, or those that keep trying but willpower just ain't cutting it, there are methods. Our minds are very powerful, but our subconscious mind rules, if you change that background "talk", it makes it easy.
I use a process called EFT, emotional freedom technique, with my clients.
2 out of 6 stopped smoking after one 2 hour session with no withdrawal or cravings, 2 required a quick touch up for triggers they hadn't thought of. 1 was pissed at me cuz cigarettes tasted like *s-word to him when we were done but he refused to quit, his wife had put him up to it. And I haven't heard from the 6th one.
It's very powerful, I also help people with drug/ alcohol dependency.
Some are now able to drink in moderation without overdoing it and feel free of the burden of being labeled an addict.
If anyone wants to chat about it pm me.

cre73

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have quit twice so far. Once for 5 years. All it took was a drunken bike rally to start again. Been going on two years now for the second quit. Unfortunately i stumbled onto Snus spitless tobacco packets now I am hooked on those. Gonna have to quit them when the wife catches me.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have not slowed down much, as of this typing I am finishing up my third 18 count pack right now. Damn!

KenJax Tree

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I chewed 1-1 1/2 cans a day for 16 year. 6 years ago the day my wife went into labor with our first baby (we have 2 now) i threw a whole can in the garbage at the hospital and haven't touched it since. It was hard at first but i ate the hell out of sunflower seeds in the shell and it really helped me. I still eat the seeds but they're healthy for me.

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I chewed 1-1 1/2 cans a day for 16 year. 6 years ago the day my wife went into labor with our first baby (we have 2 now) i threw a whole can in the garbage at the hospital and haven't touched it since. It was hard at first but i ate the hell out of sunflower seeds in the shell and it really helped me. I still eat the seeds but they're healthy for me.
Gotta watch the Buffalo ranch ones. They'll give you a hell of an ulcer on your cheek if you really plow them.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Started using one of these back in August was smoking 1-1.5 packs a day I stopped smoking in a week of using it cost me 35 bucks and spend about 30. month on it nowScreenshot_2016-11-17-03-40-26.png

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I quit about 18-20 years ago. I became kind of a hermit for a while until I was sure I could handle being around people. I'm sure that's not how a lot of people would deal with it but I was a miserable *f-word and wouldn't have been good company any way.

I had a sobering conversation with my doctor when I went in for a respiratory infection for the third time. That's when I decided it was time to give it up.

I loved those friggin things but they're poison. Haven't had a bit of respiratory problems since I quit.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I quit about 18-20 years ago. I became kind of a hermit for a while until I was sure I could handle being around people. I'm sure that's not how a lot of people would deal with it but I was a miserable *f-word and wouldn't have been good company any way.

I had a sobering conversation with my doctor when I went in for a respiratory infection for the third time. That's when I decided it was time to give it up.

I loved those friggin things but they're poison. Haven't had a bit of respiratory problems since I quit.

Know what you mean, If I don't have a cigarette I won't talk to people. And I have been smoking for over 45 years. ( I need to quit )

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well man it sounds like you're ready to quit. Don't be afraid to get something to help you along.
I used a antidepressant drug called Zyban back when I quit. I think it's pretty much the same thing as Chantix. It messed with my head so I only took it once a day for about a week and a half. It did help take the edge off though. After that I was good just avoided alcohol for a while and stayed home when I wasn't working.

Personally I think using alternative products that contain nicotine is a bad idea. You have to break the addiction and that means cutting it out completely.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well man it sounds like you're ready to quit. Don't be afraid to get something to help you along.
I used a antidepressant drug called Zyban back when I quit. I think it's pretty much the same thing as Chantix. It messed with my head so I only took it once a day for about a week and a half. It did help take the edge off though. After that I was good just avoided alcohol for a while and stayed home when I wasn't working.

Personally I think using alternative products that contain nicotine is a bad idea. You have to break the addiction and that means cutting it out completely.

Not sure what to think, my neighbor lady on the farm that I farmed for years started smoking at age 13 and she just turned 97 this week and is still smoking. She just went to assisted living home this year and she has to walk outside to smoke her cigarettes. Another good friend of mine died when he was only 70 years old with lung cancer and never smoked in his life, or drank. ( When your time comes I guess )

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Today wasn't as good for me a strong 3/4 pack while grinding stumps

I envy you, better than 3 packs a day for 43 years! Wish I could do 3/4 pack a day.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Started using one of these back in August was smoking 1-1.5 packs a day I stopped smoking in a week of using it cost me 35 bucks and spend about 30. month on it nowView attachment 41131

Think my wife is using one of those. Is that one of the E cigarettes? She didn't tell me you have to keep on buying them.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Think my wife is using one of those. Is that one of the E cigarettes? She didn't tell me you have to keep on buying them.
The e cigs are like about the size of a cigarette this about the size of a AA mag light it still feels like a bad habit paying in to it but it has been cheaper for me and the one I got you can change out the coil in and man it will give you a shot of nicotine like no other Ive seen smokers throw up like its there firstsmole ever. Not sayimg its completely safe but I do feel better and have some more money in my pocket. Now that chantex I took that 3 different times and it would make a cigarette task like crap after a week but I had to take it on a full stomach or I would get the spins real bad then after two weeks The dreams I was having were unreal and by week 4 it felt like I was getting no sleep at all. I could let you know more aboit the vap pen I got but like beaglebriar said breaking the nicotine addiction would be best but Iam not that strong yet.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The e cigs are like about the size of a cigarette this about the size of a AA mag light it still feels like a bad habit paying in to it but it has been cheaper for me and the one I got you can change out the coil in and man it will give you a shot of nicotine like no other Ive seen smokers throw up like its there firstsmole ever. Not sayimg its completely safe but I do feel better and have some more money in my pocket. Now that chantex I took that 3 different times and it would make a cigarette task like crap after a week but I had to take it on a full stomach or I would get the spins real bad then after two weeks The dreams I was having were unreal and by week 4 it felt like I was getting no sleep at all. I could let you know more aboit the vap pen I got but like beaglebriar said breaking the nicotine addiction would be best but Iam not that strong yet.

Guess I need to try hers again, the first time I tried it I thought I was sucking in water. As I am used to smoking menthol cigs. AKA Kools for over 40 years, I now run 5 cigarette machines here to make my cigs. and use pipe tobacco, which I buy about 4 to 6 lbs. at a time, And a case of golden harvest menthol tubes at a time. 52 cartons. I can make a pack for way way less than a dollar a pack, and with no chemicals in the tobacco. As said before, If you like something it is hard to stop. ( I don't want to smoke ,but I like to smoke ) Born and raised with it I guess.
Damn if you do, damn if you don't!!
charlie