High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Any wrecked BR600/BR700 4-mix motors out there?

Trevj1

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I had a stroke of luck. A friend fired off a box with a complete BR600 motor, less one rocker arm and hardware, that he had been pondering a conversion to a model airplane engine.

So I go in to the local Saw shop asking after any used parts they might have. What should they come up with, but a complete BR700 back pack blower, which they sold to me for a small sum.

This blower was a warranty replacement I think, it was filthy from rattling around in a work truck, but the filter looked immaculate, as did the insides of all the plastic housings. Tore it down, and the cause of the ugly noise it made, became apparent. The wrist pin was rattling up and down in the piston. A small portion of the piston under the wrist pin, had broke out onnone side. Cylinder isn't great but not really buggered looking either.

The inside of the original motor was coated in black mung from the powdered aluminum of the piston, but the bearings are tight and smooth, and a cursory exam did not show any real scuffs or issues.
So....

The BR600 motor is headed for the back pack blower.

I want to rebuild the 700 motor. To do that I am on the scrounge for some parts. I need a rocker arm, and it's hardware (the nut, and the radiused spacer that it rocks on) , as well as a pushrod.

And a piston and rings.

Anyone got some low hours used stuff under their benches that they will part with?

Cheers
Trev