Buy Used Saws CCC Ebay Store

Any of you guys get the BR800 backpack blower yet?

Discussion in 'Mowers and More' started by Fairways_and_Greens, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Fairways_and_Greens

Fairways_and_Greens Super OPE Member

I put more gas through my blower than anything else. I was wondering if any of you guys got the BR800 yet. Is it a worthy upgrade to my BTS570 or am I better off with 261 I don't need?

2. Manofstihl661

Manofstihl661 Pinnacle OPE Member

This is the only thread I’ve seen on the br800...stooped in to see what was said and nothing...did you ever get one? I’m saving to get one right now. Figure for a bit more money might as well get their big bad boy with electric start for my wife.

chipper1 likes this.
  3. rumatt

rumatt Super OPE Member

I have the BR-700 and it moves a lot of volume with it's big opening, but sometimes when trying to break something free I wish I had more air speed. I'm tempted to replace it with a BR-800x because it supposedly has the same volume with higher air speed. Best of both worlds...

Haven't been able to pull the trigger though. Might wait until spring as the blower won't get used much in the winter.

chipper1 and Manofstihl661 like this.
  4. Manofstihl661

Yeh I’ve got a ton of oak leaves all over and borrowed a br450 older style from my FIL and it was great compared to my bg86 handheld. Figured I’d do a blower like my saws and go wayyhh bigger than I “need”. Seeing if I get some Christmas money this year lol, then I’ll be buying one. Haven’t blown the leaves away yet just in case I can save enough soon

chipper1 and KYsawman like this.
  5. sawfun

sawfun Pinnacle OPE Member

There is a landscaping forum where professionals weigh in on equipment. From what I gather, the 800 is often too much of a good thing. It blows unintended objects like rocks. Some are going back to their 600's. The pull start system is great though.

6. huskyboy

huskyboy Sorta a Husqvarna guy.

Imo the old 600 has more balls than the 700. You only really notice the increased volume of the 700 when blowing bigger piles. The 600 has more airspeed. The new big echo blower is the best of both worlds to me. Great volume and high airspeed. Traditional 2 stroke motor too. Never ran a 800 stihl.

7. Manofstihl661

The benefit to the 800 is also the electric push to start because my wife can’t turn them over with pull start. We are working on it but not there yet. So it’s either the br450 or br800

8. rumatt

rumatt Super OPE Member

What's better about a traditional 2-stroke? The Stihl is much quieter than the echo. I view that as a major plus.

sawfun likes this.
  9. Nutball

Nutball Pinnacle OPE Member

I assume Stihl has a CVT (continuously variable throttle) on their 800, so if it is too much, back off the throttle. The 700 had a variable throttle lock I would commonly use at about 1/3 power, but the 700 didn't quite have the power I wanted at full speed. The 600 is way weaker than the 700 in my opinion, I'd take the 700 any day, but the 600 is no slouch as a blower in general. Someday I'll get an Echo 8010

10. rumatt

rumatt Super OPE Member

From what I've read, the 800 and 8010 have different strengths. If you just want to move large leaf piles the 8010 wins. But for smaller stuff the 800's higher air speed (and lighter and quieter) wins.

Manofstihl661 likes this.